An early look at the summer 2012 anime season

Topic started by sickVisionz on April 6, 2012. Last post by asian_pride 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Full Size JPG (when right-clicked) - Original Source

The summer 2012 charts have already started coming in, giving everyone a glimpse of what's to come. More titles are sure to be added over time, but what do you guys this so far? Anything that floats your boat? A few that caught my eye are...

High Interest

• Kingdom - Studio Pierrot makes Naruto and made Bleach, so I've got faith in them doing an action shounen series.
  • Aruvu - Stories sounds interesting and the art looks nice, although the anime probably won't look like that.
  • Chocolate - AIC does good work, the premise sounds like fun, and I usually like school girls getting into shenanigans shows.
  • La Storia - Looks like it'll have some nice action and J.C. Staff does really good fight scenes when they get the chance to, plus I usually like most of the anime they make.
  • Tari Tari - It's by P.A. Works. 'Nuff said.
  • Chouyaku - I just got through marathoning Chihayafuru and loved it so anything involving karuta is getting a pass. Plus the art looks nice.

Mild Interest

• Hakuouki - Premise seems interesting. It seems like there could be action in it and Dragon Crisis! gave me faith in Studio DEEN making pretty awesome fight scenes.
  • Moyashimon Returns - Looks silly and fun and the art style immediately stands out from the rest.
  • Natsuyuki - Could be a touching romance or could be really cheesy and hokey. I'll give it a shot to see where it falls.
  • Binbougami - Could be funny and the art style looks pretty cool (one character looks like a hand sketched drawing), although the anime will probably get rid of it and go with something generic :(
Post by Sonata (35,691 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Definitely watching Muv-Luv Alternative, Also Campione! Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Moyashimon Returns I liked the original Moyashimon, and Reimei Roku.
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16

One of these days, I keep telling myself I will get back into anime (as opposed to only manga) with a new anime season. Yet it never seems to happen, even if all I have to do is turn around and turn my TV on at a certain time.

If I did, the series I'd probably be interested in:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous: I like romances. SImple enough.

Sword Art Online: I like MMOs and things loosely based around them. Could either be interestingly done and compelling, or terrible and full of merchandising. While I suspect the latter, I'd hope for the former.

Aruvu Rezuru: There's a lack of actual compelling sci-fi stuff. Could very easily fall flat though.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia: The season of long names, it's again in the 'could be good or could be terrible' kind of category. Art looks decent, premise seems like it could be good or very standard.

Nothing super stands out, everything screams 'probably mediocre, but maybe decent' to me.

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I have yet to see more details about the shows, but the noitamina slot is the only thing appealing to me atm. let's wait for some trailers...

Post by Kraden (38 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@shels said:

I have yet to see more details about the shows, but the noitamina slot is the only thing appealing to me atm. let's wait for some trailers...

Yeah what Shels said... I myself am more into watching the older animes such as DBZ, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Gundam Wing to name a few... But that wont mean I wont like the new stuff comming out, but I defintly need more info before I decide to sit down and watch'em...

Post by asian_pride (168 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Eh, I don't know. None of them seem interesting to me. I'll probably end up watching some of them once I hear feedback from others, but nothing leaps out at me. Well, maybe Seitokai Yakuindomo, cause I think it's pretty funny. Probably once I get more info or see some PVs, I'll be more convinced? We'll see, I guess.

Right now, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki is the only one I'm really interested in. I liked Summer Wars as well as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so this should be good.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel