AMV Tournament (2)

Topic started by waybig1010101 on June 4, 2014. Last post by waybig1010101 1 month, 2 weeks ago.
Post by IndridCold (1,292 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

@takashichea: Thank you. It is dangerous, it shows how fierce Kenshin is with all his might!!!

Post by takashichea (12,438 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@IndridCold:

I need to finish Rurouni Kenshin. Are you a Linkin Park fan?

Online Now

@takashichea: I do like most of their music, but I'm not a huge fan. I like more of the classics like The Who and Blue Oyster Cult.

@IndridCold:

I see. I was more of a fan of their old albums, Meteora and Hybrid Theory. I should try The Who and Blue Oyster Cult. I don't really have a taste for a particular genre of music. I listen to anything that's invokes strong emotions.

Online Now

@takashichea: Yeah, I pretty much just listen to anything that has a good or catchy beat. Those usually have good feeling towards them.

Post by DeathHero61 (218 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@waybig1010101: I'm going to make a tournament like this on comicvine one day. Surely you wouldn't mind?

Post by waybig1010101 (3,269 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@DeathHero61: Np, but are you going to use AMVs or cartoons? Cause i was going to make a Cartoon Theme for one AMV Tournament. If you need any help I don't mind going to CV to help you out with this.

@DeathHero61 said:

@waybig1010101: I'm going to make a tournament like this on comicvine one day. Surely you wouldn't mind?

Make sure you give credit or mention WayBig's project inspired you to make this in Comic Vine. I'm not sure if Comic Vine has the same drive as Anime Vice. Here in AV, it's all about user content and user driven. In Comic Vine, it's a bigger community. Front page is only reserved for staff. I wish you good luck.

I seen too many folks plagiarizing other folks across the former Whiskey Media brother and sister sites. Example would be SMXLR8 copying Jokergeist's Phone Book project without giving credit.

@takashichea: I have only really seen some battles on CV but i never made an account for it since I like anime/manga more than comics

@waybig1010101:

I checked your Anime Vice's join date. I was surprised you are a young user. You joined after Whiskey Media sale off period. I'm sure you knew Comic Vine and Anime Vice were former brother sites.

Just be careful when making promises to users you haven't been familiar with especially from different communities since you haven't made an account yet. Since you joined our site after March 15, 2012, your user privileges are reset and severed from your Anime Vice account.

@takashichea: Why are you surprise that im a young user? Also i knew that they were former brothers/sisters. While i don't mind helping people and i don't really know the rules for CV at all.

@waybig1010101:

A lot of new users I encounter from 2012 to 2014 often ask certain questions that indicate the effects of schism has been profound. Most of them don't know about Anime Vice and Comic Vine being former sister sites or know the staff and former staff members.

your user privileges are reset and severed from your Anime Vice account.

What I meant was your wiki and forum privileges are reset. Once you make a Comic Vine account after March 15, 2012, you will face the same posting limit and will face moderation. Unlike users who made their accounts before the date, their privileges transfer over.

Comic Vine's forum rules are pretty similar to our site. It's just the wiki rules have significant differences. I continue the discussion off this thread if you need to know more about Comic Vine.

@takashichea: ok i get what you mean and thats fine i don't mind the rules too much.

Post by DeathHero61 (218 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@waybig1010101 said:

@DeathHero61: Np, but are you going to use AMVs or cartoons? Cause i was going to make a Cartoon Theme for one AMV Tournament. If you need any help I don't mind going to CV to help you out with this.

Nah. Anime. Its easier to find good anime choices than cartoon choices.

@DeathHero61: understandable

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel