AMV Tournament (2)

Topic started by waybig1010101 on June 4, 2014. Last post by waybig1010101 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by waybig1010101 (4,081 posts) See mini bio Level 14

This is going to be the second AMV Tournament and Im very excited to start this next one after having so much fun with the last tournament. If anyone is wondering what were the results of the last tournament please satisfy your curiosity by following this link-http://www.animevice.com/forums/general-discussion/1/amv-tournament-results/346758/#9. Besides having fun with the last tournament, I also got the chance to learn from it and will try to use all my experiences from the previous AMV Tournament to make this new AMV Tournament the best that I can possible make it. If anyone has any ideas or complaints about the AMV Tournament please let me know. I want your feedback because it can only help me make a better AMV Tournament for us to enjoy. On that note, one of things that i notice about the last AMV Tournament was that there was no theme and barely any conditions, which means that the last Tournament was a little too general, so this new AMV Tournament is going to have a theme followed by a couple of more rules.

THEME : MAIN CHARACTER!!!!

RULES

1. Anime only main character (plus Avatar)
  2. Regular AMV, which means no parodies or movies types, and no couples as well.
  3. It can not inlcude another anime's OST, but it can include the anime's own OST.
  4. Includes only one anime and that anime's main character except for special cases such as FMA where there is more than one main character.
  5. Can not use the same song as someone else, which also the includes last AMV Tournament's songs.
  6. Can use the same character as someone else, but the clips can not be more than 50% the same.
  7. 80% of the clips have to include the main character
  8. No one is allowed to use these animes: Naruto, One piece, Bleach, DBZ, and Yu Yu Hakusho
  9. Post one AMV at a time, which will be your AMV
  10. You are allowed to change your AMV before the election.

MOST IMPORTANT RULE: ANYONE CAN JOIN AND ANYONE CAN VOTE!!!!!

Here is an example of how I want the AMV to be presented along with the following the proper rules as well as my personal nomination

Anime: Elfen Lied

Main Character: Lucy

Song: My Immortal by Evanescence

Another thing, when you post your AMV please also include somewhere your main character or main characters with the anime that the chracter(s) from along with the name of the song your using.

*OTHER TOURNAMENTS GOING ON*

If you guys want to be a part of another fun Tournament please go see the Tsundere Tournament, under the direction of Taka and Vap.

Check out Dream's new Tournament idea, Best Anime/ Manga Teams/ Organizations Voting Tourney Nominations, and start nominating your favorite anime/manga groups!!!

Post by Dream (8,274 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Got another personal one I made to submit:

@Dream: Wow another great AMV. Im just wondering what anime is this along with who is the main character or main characters? Also this one to me kinda focuses also on a couple i think, if both of the main characters are couples together then can you find another one please.

@waybig1010101: Rahxephon. The main lead of the series is the boy, Ayato Kamina. The AMV is focused on the major issues he faced throughout the course of the series. Won't go into too much detail as otherwise, I'd be unveiling major spoilers with the series.

EDIT: Blargh. I guess I need to find another one since you've got a rule forbidding use of music from other anime OST.

@Dream: oh i though it was from its own OST. Off topic: is the anime worth watching because im recently having the urge to watch mecha again and after guilty crown i want to watch something else.

@waybig1010101: The song from the AMV, "Uninstall", is from another mecha anime called Bokurano.

As for Rahxephon, it is my personal favorite mecha title with the issues Ayato has to confront regarding the truth behind what he thought was his normal life. But there have been some that accused it of being an Evangelion ripoff for one reason or another.

I have two AMVs left I personally made from years ago: the Gunslinger Girl one with Claes (focused on her alone, but she isn't really the major focus of both seasons of the anime) and a Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad one (which is more about showing off the band in the series as a whole than any individual member).

@Dream: well the first one you mention wouldn't be good for the theme, but the second one is fine if you want to use that one since the band members are the main characters.

@waybig1010101: This one should be fine by your rules. The song's not part of any anime soundtrack.

Title: Heavy Metal Warning

Anime: Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

Characters of Focus: Yukio Tanaka, Ryusuke Minami, Tsunemi Chiba, Yoshiyuki Taira, Yuji Sakurai

Song: Bill Sykes' "Cautionary Warning"

@Dream: Looks good. can you do me a favor and just edit to add the anime, main characters, and song with your post please

@waybig1010101: Taken care of.

@Dream: thank you also does that mean title is the name of the song or is that just the title of the AMV?

@waybig1010101: The title is the name of the AMV.

@Dream: ok so what is the name of the song or is the title also the name of the song?

@waybig1010101: The title of the AMV is Heavy Metal Warning. The name of the song is Cautionary Warning.

@Dream: oh i see now i get it lol

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,456 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Although... I kind of like this video as well

Anime: Toriko

Main Character:... Toriko :P

Song: Diamond Eyes by Shinedown

@Jinbeifan1: you are allowed to only post one AMV, so please delete the post with the one you didn't pick as your nomination. As for which is better i would go with that doesnt break the rules, which happens to be the first one in more ways then one. 
Post by takashichea (14,354 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I'll post an AMV after my exam. Just taking a small break to check the site out.

@takashichea: Take your time cause this time around i wanna give folks more time considering that this AMV Tournament has more rules along with a theme, so i know that its going to take people longer to decide which AMV they would want to use. 
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Anime: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Main Character: Jotaro Kujo

Song: Jet - Are you gonna be my girl

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel