American Animation or Japanese Animation.

Topic started by Rexic on Feb. 22, 2011. Last post by AgumonKid 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SilverGalford: 

interesting why did you hate D&D?   

I didn't find it interesting, my brother show me a video of five episodes and I didn't like it. He keep bugging me about watching it, so I grow to hate it

for example , one day i watched burst angel ,but seriously ,it wasn't so good, even if the characters were too fighter .  i have watched sailor moon as well ,i liked it because it was funny at some point. but i wasn't too obsessed with that anime. what i'm trying to say is that i would like to see a character who i can be indentified with .someone who makes me feel a emotion. i think  a girl is not what i have in mind.  

I can identified and feel emotion for a female main characters, it not really different from a guy character. I didn't really like Burst Angel, the story was ok at best. You do know that Sailor Moon wasn't targeted for guys?    
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I didn't find it interesting, my brother show me a video of five episodes and I didn't like it. He keep bugging me about watching it, so I grow to hate it   

Just like me , you haven't aswered why. we both have something we don't like as you can see.
@SilverGalford: 
I did answered it, if you want me to give more detail
  1. I didn't like the voices, it sound so out of place
  2. At the time I watch it, there was other better cartoons on that I like (Duck Tales, Thunder Cats, and Transformers)   
  3. The story didn't catch my eyes, it was just kids in a D&D game. At the time I find them to be boring 
Post by EoS (415 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I enjoy both equally. They both have their pros and their cons.

I didn't like the voices, it sound so out of place   

what's wrong with that?  

The story didn't catch my eyes, it was just kids in a D&D game. At the time I find them to be boring   

and how about animes like these shows?  , and  a spoiled girl as a main characters is more interesting?? 

anyways . we both have our likes and dislikes that's it.

and how about animes like these shows?  , and  a spoiled girl as a main characters is more interesting??   

How are they spoiled girls? Yes they ten time more interesting then that show. Well, I guess I will feel sorry for you. You missing good shows  
 From Slayers

Post by Rexic (99 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I like to think one day there will be a perfect blend of the two styles.
Post by KaminaSword (2 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@Rexic: same here buddy.,same here.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@SSJjanemba: @SilverGalford: You both missed his point. He was POKING AT US for not trying to back up our assertions for why it is that Japanese animation's better than American animation. Here's an example- 

"Evangelion's story sucks balls." 

Well, Mr Anonymous, here's WHY 'Eva' sucked: the wonderful crew at Gainax at the time (1994) were being hurried to get their project off the ground and onto TV at the time, so their vision was being hurried and thus we have a rushed project that feels incomplete, at times 'wtf', and more often than not GOD-AWFUL. Thank goodness they're returning to it and trying to realize their full vision with the redux movies 1.01 and 2.02. 

THAT... is what he was showing we WERE NOT doing.
Post by Dream (7,107 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I can prefer both, though I would refer to other elements of Western animation as other countries have given me some decent titles from the West like the original Watership Down film from the UK, Reboot from Canada and Code Lyoko from France. Obviously, there are major differences in how animation is perceived and what content is considered acceptable for younger viewing between Western countries and Japan where America uses animation mostly as a form of shallow entertainment with either raunchy comedies for adults or TV titles that are squeaky clean aimed for children. There seems to be a stigma right now in the West of making any animated titles as serious dramas and seen as a viable art medium while anime has been a part of Japanese popular culture since it became mainstream in the 1980s and does have its serious titles alongside the oodles of otaku-targeted titles.

That doesn't mean America has whipped out its own enjoyable stuff for me as with the right people who believe that they can make something different from the norm with animation, I have gotten enjoyment out of other titles that weren't an adaptation of a DC Comics superhero like Samurai Jack, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Gargoyles, The Boondocks and Daria.
Post by AgumonKid (68 posts) See mini bio Level 6
My favorite American shows in action and animation are
Batman:TAS, Batman Beyond, JLU, Ben 10, Ben 10:Ultimate Alien, TMNT(the only good 4kids show!), Young Justice, and Generator Rex.
Animation in Japan is always good but when it comes to action no one can replace these!

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,051 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@SilverGalford said:

"

"
Would like to punch the American retard who created this video in the throat.
the problem is i don't see bad ass tv series like these ones anymore : 

and the list go on , sniff sniff

@SilverGalford:  

There still shows out their that awesome like the old shows 

There still shows out their that awesome like the old shows 

LOL!!!! i knew you were going to post  XD!!! . 

i mean i was watching some scenes from some new animes and :  

what a long introduction ,chatter and battle . dude i'm falling asleep.  

more of the same?? when are they really  going to beat the hell out of each other?  too much chatter and. is this what people call an awesome battle?.  

i would like to continue , but i guess it's going to be the same . well that's my opinion.
Post by AgumonKid (68 posts) See mini bio Level 6
  A great example of good American animation!
@SilverGalford:  
You using Bleach and Naruto, they not really that good 

Now here some good show  
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Destinyheroknight: I have just one word for you... DAMN.

Now here some good show 

hey someone told me something about the first anime ,baccano!  right? . the opening song was so good. i think i will watch it. this is what i'm talking about .
brotherhood?? mmmm i prefer the first FMA.

as for naruto and bleach now i know why those are not good.
@SilverGalford:  
I think you should give brotherhood a chance, just skip 15 episodes  
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel