American Animation or Japanese Animation.

Topic started by Rexic on Feb. 22, 2011. Last post by AgumonKid 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by RadiantTheLight (733 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Some stuff in the american and some stuff in the japanese
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

School Rumble is one of the best comedy anime and Black Lagoon is a good action show  
It look like you can't open your eyes to new anime       

that's my problem  XD, if the main character of black lagoon were a boy , i would probably watch it.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SilverGalford: 

that's my problem  XD, if the main character of black lagoon were a boy , i would probably watch it.

Are you serious? 
Why do the main character have to be a guy? 

Why do the main character have to be a guy?   

i mean it can be a girl , but almost always????  
@SilverGalford: 
It not almost always, what wrong with a strong female character?

what wrong with a strong female character?  

you like female warriors dude? that's ok . but i  don't know .i don't feel the same .
@SilverGalford: 
Yeah, but you not saying why 
It doesn't matter what gender the main character is, if the story and the characters are good
Post by Sonata (35,638 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Destinyheroknight said:
" @SilverGalford:  Yeah, but you not saying why  It doesn't matter what gender the main character is, if the story and the characters are good "
I agree, doesn't matter to me if the lead character is a walrus, if hes interesting and has good plot I'm all in.

if the story and the characters are good  

sometimes  when a girl is the main character  the story is less insteresting  IMO  .
@SilverGalford: 
How is it less interesting? 
I would like to know
Post by Rexic (99 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Destinyheroknight: lol.I saw when cardgames posted that.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Depends on the series, there are crap on both sides for sure and great series too. 
I would say Japanese animation but lately it seems that American companies are more understanding about two facts they were not so knowledgeable of before the late 90's.... 1: Adults watch cartoons too, 2: Kids are not dumb. 
Now that American animation companies acknowledge these facts stories in US animation have become far more mature and well written take Star Wars the Clone Wars, Justice League Unlimited and the rest of the DC animated universe, G.I. Joe Renegades, and Avatar the Last Airbender as examples. 
Truth be told while I doubt US animation will ever get any where near as graphically violent, in the sense of series geared towards children that is, as our country tends more towards shielding it's youth from gore, stories in animation have gotten vastly more mature in my lifetime, I remember growing up in the 80's and seeing animation evolve in the US over the past 3 decades and am impressed by the changes. 
Both countries put out great material and crap alike, nature of the beast that is media :)
@EganTheVile1:  

I would say Japanese animation but lately it seems that American companies are more understanding about two facts they were not so knowledgeable of before the late 90's

I think you should watch Animaniacs and Batman, there are more shows but I can't remember them now. But they was all over the late 90's

@Destinyheroknight:  I did when they first came out and I owned every Batman animated series on DVD, those were ones I grew up with
Post by Sonata (35,638 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Destinyheroknight: I shall never forget the Animanicas and Batman TAS, they are forever embedded in my brain:P
@EganTheVile1: 
I was saying that today cartoons are not really like 90's cartoons, 90's cartoons have more adult theme then today cartoons
@Sonata: 
Yeah, they was the best :)
@Destinyheroknight said:
" @EganTheVile1:  I was saying that today cartoons are not really like 90's cartoons, 90's cartoons have more adult theme then today cartoons "
Watch G.I. Joe Renegades sometime, murder, terrorism, biker gangs, violent ninja sword fights, corrupt corporations and politicians, angry black guy mad because a white guy says "you dont look like your from the north pole" while said black guy is wearing a Santa Claus suit who responds "Is that some kind of slur?" Really great american series, overlooked for some odd reason, likely because of the obscure cable channel it is on.  But there are many mature american animation that have surfaced in the last decade. just have to look for them
@EganTheVile1: 
I did watch one episode of G.I. Joe Renegades, I didn't really like it . I guess I'm so used to the old G.I. Joe so mush, that other won't look good to me
But I do like Young Justice and Star Wars Clone Wars

How is it less interesting?  
I would like to know  

for example , one day i watched burst angel ,but seriously ,it wasn't so good, even if the characters were too fighter .  i have watched sailor moon as well ,i liked it because it was funny at some point. but i wasn't too obsessed with that anime. what i'm trying to say is that i would like to see a character who i can be indentified with .someone who makes me feel a emotion. i think  a girl is not what i have in mind. 

I was saying that today cartoons are not really like 90's cartoons, 90's cartoons have more adult theme then today cartoons "  

i'm in complete agreement with you ,don't forget the 80s but 90s was the glorious decade of everything. 

That wasn't great, I hated that show when I was a kid   

interesting why did you hate D&D? 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel