Alright, let's do some real talk. Guide my viewing.

Topic started by htr10 on Aug. 25, 2012. Last post by rubberluffy 2 years ago.
Post by htr10 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Alright, everyone. I have genuinely loved only three anime in the last decade. These anime are Yu Yu Hakusho (because the fighting is so over the top and well-executed), Black Butler (because the character relationships are so well done), and Death Note (because the storyline is so intriguing with how it transitions from one character to the next). What is the next anime I should watch? Preferably it would be something on Netflix streaming, but if not, so be it. Thanks in advance.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@htr10: Yu Yu... Naruto (Netflix/Hulu/Crunchyroll), Naruto Shippuden (Hulu/CR), and Bleach (Hulu/CR)

Black Butler... never seen more than an episode but maybe um Rental Magica or Hell Girl (CR)

Death Note... Code Geass (Hulu & CR)

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@htr10: I am almost sure you've seen it but, Dragonball Z. try the remake Dragonball Z Kai(for better graphics). it is considered the mother of all animes. it is one of the best fighting animes. oh but before that you should to watch Dragon Ball, which is the prequel to get some basic stuff about the story and characters.

also, you should try Code Geass. it is quite awesome.

The best Detective story hands down is Conan the Detective. probably the longest running shonin series, so you'll always have more.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo 2004

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 2009

Xam'd: Lost Memories 2008

Baccano! 2007

Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple2007

Nana 2006

Gun X Sword 2005

Mushi-Shi 2005

Last Exile 2003

Samurai Champloo 2004

These all come highly recommended and are on Netflix streaming (links go to "InstantWatcher.com"). You may have seen some or all of them, but this is the best I can recommend knowing only 3 shows that you've seen.

Off Netflix, I might add Katanagatari, Darker Than Black, Gosick, GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka), Cross Game, Kaiji and Witch Hunter Robin.

Post by rubberluffy (584 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@htr10 said:

Alright, everyone. I have genuinely loved only three anime in the last decade. These anime are Yu Yu Hakusho (because the fighting is so over the top and well-executed), Black Butler (because the character relationships are so well done), and Death Note (because the storyline is so intriguing with how it transitions from one character to the next). What is the next anime I should watch? Preferably it would be something on Netflix streaming, but if not, so be it. Thanks in advance.

How about the new Hunter X Hunter anime? Still airing, 44 aired last week but there's no episode this week or next (I think). The manga is by the same guy who made YYH, which you already like. It's on Crunchyroll. There's also an old anime but it's permanently incomplete.

Also seconding FMA: Brotherhood.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel