AlphaVictor: Mary Poppins Kills Harry Potter

Topic started by DocHaus on July 31, 2012. Last post by damswedon 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by DocHaus (936 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Several weeks ago, we recorded a podcast. Things happened and the original file of mine got destroyed. Luckily CrazyCanuck had a copy of the whole chat so we could put this out. Unluckily, the sound quality is...sub-optimal. Things we talked about:

• The end of EVO Fighting Championships and Persona 4 Arena preview (still relevant at the time!)
  • Impressions of various shows this season
  • Kurt still hates everything you like, especially Upotte!
  • other stuff I forget

Sorry for this low-effort post. I feel like this episode could have been better, but dammit it's been like 6-7 weeks so we need to say something.

Here's the episode. Feel free to ask us questions, or let this post sink down the forums again. But at least listen to the show or flip through our archive for a better-sounding episode. We would appreciate it either way.

PS: Wanna know what the title's about? You'll have to listen to find out!

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

God damn it! Now I have to go find and read that comic, cause that ending sounds too nuts to pass up.

Good to hear the podcast again, it's good to know that this community is still thriving

Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Since doing this episode I've started to jump into the Mary Poppins books, and to tell the truth Alan Moore didn't have to go to great lengths to make Mary Poppins the saviour of mankind. The thing the film never shows is how magical beings also fear Mary. Neil Gaiman wrote a short story called The Problem of Susan (about Susan from C.S. Lewis's books) and during it he proposes that Mary Poppins was Jesus' Nanny and also isn't part of God's creation and is possibly more powerful than any other literary figure.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel