AlphaVictor #4: The (Late) Halloween Mailbag

Topic started by DocHaus on Nov. 5, 2010. Last post by DocHaus 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by DocHaus (933 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Yours truly was sick at the time of taping, so damswedon took over the hosting duties as we went to our mailbag for topics. In this episode: Creepy issues with Pokemon, creepy fanservice comments, and creepy cliches. Can you guess this was supposed to be the Halloween episode? Boo!

Sorry this came out late, but a combination of an annoying cold and some real life issues delayed the release of this show. Once again, thanks to damswedon, CrazyCanuck and firehawk12 for soldiering on until I was able to get into this show again.

Link to the stream.
Link to the file itself.
Link to the RSS feed.

And I'm still waiting for someone to attempt to guess the music clips at the beginning and end of the show. I've even picked a couple of relatively easy tunes, and one of them is from an anime.

Enjoy!
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
The opening piece of music is Pani Poni Dash's OP. I'm still listening to the podcast, I'll try to figure out the last piece when I get to it!
The song at the end is Smashmouth's Walking On The Sun. Wait a minute, THAT'S NOT ANIME!!11
Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Gaff: Technicalities! 
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Going to put this through official channels. 
Where the fuck did your usernames come from?
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I haven't heard it... because I recently found out that users were doing this so I am literally listening to the second episode as I write this...
Can't wait to catch up!
Now can someone clarify... who are the users who I am listening to?
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19
i was not aware of this until now. Great job and keep up the good works
@sora_thekey: Right there is; 
  • DocHaus - The guy who kinda brought it together, the only American in the group and normal host.
  • CrazyCanuck - One of the two Canadians of the group, K-ON! fan is really pissed about colour inconsistencies in the first series (pretty anal right?).
  • firehawk12  - The other Canadian and K-ON! fan in the cast (starting to see a theme here). More of a lurker on the site.
  • damswedon - Me. The only Brit on the show, kinda playing a more exaggerated version of myself. Also the one who swears the most.
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@damswedon: Awesome! How is it that this international group connects? Are you all using Skype or something?
@sora_thekey said:

" @damswedon: Awesome! How is it that this international group connects? Are you all using Skype or something? "

Yeah, we record on a Sunday around 10 am EST. Then DocHaus takes the MP3s that we all record and splices them together edits out dead air and huge fuck ups (Me mostly :sigh:) and puts it out some time near the next Friday. 
LIFTING THE VEIL!!
Holy shit we've been frontpaged? Thanks a lot ethan and co., now we've got a lot more pressure on our heads!  

Also, thank you guys so much.  Episode #5 should drop sometime next week.

If you folks want to listen to the other episodes of this podcast that have been recorded previously, just go to this link and scroll down. Alternatively, here are the corresponding forum threads...

AlphaVictor #3: The One With The Giant Robots
AlphaVictor #2: The Lions Never Win On Their Own
AlphaVictor #1: The Unofficial Squadcast is Here!
Post by firehawk12 (31 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Ooo, fancy logo/cover image too.  Nice!
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Great work on getting on the front page guys I bet it feels good.
Post by FLStyle (423 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@zombiepie said:
" Great work on getting on the front page guys I bet it feels good.
"
That's quite the unique .gif there, saved!

@DocHaus:
@CrazyCanuck:
@firehawk12:
@damswedon:
 I stumbled upon this through the link on the WM footer while on Giant Bomb, I'll make a start on listening and catching up. You dudes aren't Gia, John and Ana but you'll do for now :P
Post by TriforceF (105 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Just wondering if this will make its way to itunes so I can keep up to date with it easier X D
@zombiepie: 
Thank you epileptic-raptor Jesus!

@TriforceF:
Actually if you scroll down on the podbean site you will find this link (itpc://dochaus.podbean.com/feed). Put the URL in your browser and it should launch (or prompt you to launch) itunes, where it will automatically add the feed to your itunes podcast list. Unfortunately, I lack the skills to make a fancy logo for it, so you just get a default one until/unless some kindhearted soul would be willing to help out.
@DocHaus:  
I hope there's still some time to get some questions in? 
Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Gaff: feel free to post questions in a resent show thread and you could possibly hear the answer on a future episode!* 

*This statement doesn't  represent the opinions for the AlpaVictor podcast as a hole. 
lol 
Post by TriforceF (105 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@DocHaus: X D Awesome thanks for the heads up
Post by Mezmero (69 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Sorry but I'm sick of hearing otakus fawn over every single show they get their mitts on.  Pass-edena.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel