AlphaVictor #2: The Lions never win on their own.

Topic started by DocHaus on Oct. 7, 2010. Last post by firehawk12 3 years, 11 months ago.
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I had a big cool post written, but then I accidentally hit the back button on my browser and it all disappeared. So I'll give you the short version.

Sorry for the extra delay in getting this thing done. I'd tell you why, but as I've learned, people usually don't care why or how a thing was delayed, they just care about the finished product. So here it is, the latest podcast consisting of myself, firehawk12, CrazyCanuck and damswedon rapping about things like anime (or the few new shows that were out at time of recording), video games, and discussions of whether or not anime can be turned into decent live-action movies. Also, we poked fun at Voltron, hence the joke in the post title line.

Here's the link to a stream.
Here's the link to the file itself.
Here's the link to the RSS feed for your subscribing pleasure. If you guys still want the official iTunes version I will deal with it in the next day or two.

So there you go. The floor is now open for comments, questions, and other concerns. Oh, and there's a clip of an anime-related song at the beginning and the end of this episode. Bonus points if you can name the anime these songs come from, or the song titles/artists themselves.
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@DocHaus said:
"discussions of whether or not anime can be turned into decent live-action movies."
Eek, that promises to be interesting.
Post by firehawk12 (31 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I apologize for my rambling during the game section.  I think I only had IGN's review in my mind at that point!
@firehawk12: I wasn't bothered by that. At least, not as much as thinking you all heartless people for disliking K-on :P
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
If you click the streaming link there is a button on the sidebar that will allow you to subscribe to the feed of the podcast through iTunes. Unfortunately, there is no artwork logo for the show, and I don't have the skills to put up anything fancy quite yet.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Oh thank god my voice isn't as nasally as it sounds to me.
A question for the next time: How did you (the podcasters) get into anime? 

Not to sound stalkery, but I like to hear other people's personal stories.
@Gaff: Hey, two of us on the show like K-On!, although Canuck was having mic problems so I had to go on and on for a bit. :lol:

And that seems like an easy question to answer. :)
@firehawk12 You mean the question about how people got into anime?

Yeah, easy and kind of boring question, but half the fun in listening to podcasts is understanding the people behind the voices, what their taste is like and what shapes their opinions. Also, "just news".gets boring :P

But here's something with more meat if you want to pick: Has streaming saved or killed the Western anime market? There, I gave you my idea for a blog :P
Yeah, I don't think we'll ever cover news... although the ANN streaming fiasco is a bit funny. 

And I don't think we mind softball topics. :)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel