Adult Swim Schedule

Topic started by Slinger on Dec. 7, 2008. Last post by Desisashi 6 years ago.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Anyone else totally frustrated by it? I mean, I know that anime isn't there most popular genre (DAMN YOU FAMILY GUY!!) But You'd think that you wouldn't have to be up until 4am to watch Stand Alone Complex or Cowboy Bebop, two legit great shows that I would think are pretty universally enjoyable. It's kinda ridiculous, and whatever happened to Saturdays being pretty much devoted to anime?

Anyway HERE is the current schedule.

What changes would you make to it if you had control?
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
More anime
Post by Kado (227 posts) See mini bio Level 5
that schedule is ridiculous
It really is
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Seriously an hour of Family Guy every night? On top of WB's hour every evening, and TBS's before that?! They're killin' me!

Thank God for the internet though, it's pretty awesome how much content you can watch online.
Post by Zenaxzd (31 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I don't watch tv and haven't in about 4 years so I am not effected, but I feel for you guys. I like family guy and all but its enough places already...
Zenaxzd said:
"I don't watch tv and haven't in about 4 years so I am not effected, but I feel for you guys. I like family guy and all but its enough places already..."
I dont watch Television anymore either, maybe the occasional movie, but I cant help pity the people that would actually force themselves to view Adult Swim nowadays
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Slinger said:
You'd think that you wouldn't have to be up until 4am to watch Stand Alone Complex or Cowboy Bebop, two legit great shows that I would think are pretty universally enjoyable.
Two legitimately good, and by our standards, old news. Adult Swim has already played the crap out of those two shows. It makes sense that the newer shows would air first, so they'd stick their older titles at the tail end of the block.

As for Saturdays being entirely devoted to anime, [AS] just won't realize that the Saturday block just doesn't get good ratings, even with comedies like Family Guy. People are out doing stuff, especially their target demographic. Their current plan to see if they can lure people in through the comedies or at least get enough ratings then where the rest of the night doesn't matter probably won't work because of that. It's not a bad plan though, but I wish it was just an hour of that instead of two, and it not being Family Guy. Family Guy needs to die, and I'm one of the original fans who liked it back on it's first run on Fox.

Really, the most important thing I saw on the schedule is when [AS] is starting an hour earlier and what new shows they picked up: King of the Hill and The PJs.
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Slinger said:
"Anyone else totally frustrated by it? I mean, I know that anime isn't there most popular genre (DAMN YOU FAMILY GUY!!) But You'd think that you wouldn't have to be up until 4am to watch Stand Alone Complex or Cowboy Bebop, two legit great shows that I would think are pretty universally enjoyable. It's kinda ridiculous, and whatever happened to Saturdays being pretty much devoted to anime?

Anyway HERE is the current schedule.

What changes would you make to it if you had control?"
i would put crap that makes sense
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel