about to start Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, i need help

Topic started by NakAttack on Nov. 17, 2010. Last post by SamJaz 3 years, 9 months ago.
Post by NakAttack (33 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • subbed
  • dubbed
Post by NakAttack (33 posts) See mini bio Level 10
well, how should i watch it?
Post by SamJaz (12,538 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Subbed. The Dub is decent, but with the amount of roaring and hot blood, nothing less than the original Japanese will do.
Plus, this way you don't get the jarring transition from English to Japanese when you watch the Lagann-Hen movie.
@SamJaz: thanks, i was leaning towards the sub anyway, but you never know.
Online Now
@nk19: Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, and one other one. These are the only anime that the dub is by far superior to the Japanese in the creators eyes.
Trigun, Evangelion, Ranma 1/2, Great Teacher Onizuka are also of equal or greater quality to the Japanese version.
For everything else, Sub it.

@SamJaz: dually noted, thanks again
Online Now
@nk19: You're welcome.  Get ready for a deconstruction of Mecha Anime that will blow you outta your mind.
Post by TriforceF (105 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I'd actually say to watch the dub then maybe go back and watch it subbed. This in my opinion is really because the great epic speeches and one liners produced through this series aren't quite the same when spoken in the subbed version only because it's in Japanese and the majority of us aren't X D It's not so spine tingling when Kamina starts ranting about Team Gurren when its in Japanese.... Or maybe that's just me = P 
 Either way at least watch the first few episodes dubbed to see how you go.
Post by CapeBarnes (494 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@SamJaz: Gurren Lagann is a tribute, not a deconstruction. Unless you were thinking of Evangelion.
Online Now
@CapeBarnes: No, the series as a whole is a Reconstruction, made from four Deconstructive Arcs.
Ep1-8 = Deconstruction of the Super Robot Genre
Ep9-16 = Deconstruction of Real Robot Genre
Ep18-Cathedral Terra = Deconstruction of the Psychological Robot Genre
Cathedral Terra-End of Lagann-Hen = Deconstruction of what Gainax wants from the future of Mecha anime
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel