Gen Urobuchi's New Anime Series: Suisei no Galgantia's Characters

Topic started by takashichea on Dec. 11, 2012. Last post by Acura_Max 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by takashichea (14,354 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Overview

Suisei no Galgantia is a Sci-fi anime series written by Gen Urobuchi. It is directed by Kazuya Murata while its characters are designed by Hanaharu Naruko. The music is composed by Taro Iwashiro. The producer of the anime series is currently unknown.

Background on Staff Members:

• Gen Urobuchi is known for his works on Fate Zero and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
  • Kazuya Murata is known for his work as the director of Sacred Star of Milos.
  • Hanaharu Naruko is known for the ending illustrations in Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens.

Plot

Release Date: April 2013

In the 16th Newtype Ace magazine issue, there is an exclusive episode zero text story called Suisei no Gargantia: Uchū Kara no Hōmonsha (A Visitor From Space) that is written by Taishirou Tanimura. The story is under Urobuchi and Murata's supervision. The original anime series is also getting a manga adaptation as well.

Set on a water world planet where people live on large ships and cities floating in the vast sea, a soldier gets himself stranded on the planet where he is caught in war between humans and aliens.

(There is no name of the water planet yet.)

Characters

Here are some snapshots of the characters.

Red

He's a 16 year old Galactic Alliance Lieutenant who found himself stranded on the remote water planet after waking up from hibernation. He operates a mech suit called Chamber.

Amy

She's a 15 year old Genki native messenger who encounters Red and acts his guide.

Belos

She's a 18 year old salvage business operator who can pilot a boat and understand Red's mech suit's technology.

Rigid

She's a 22 year old overseer.

Melty

Like Amy, she's a Genki messenger who is 14 year old.

Saya

She's another Genki messenger who is 15 year old.

Pinion

He's a 20 year old treasure hunter who is a good mechanic as well.

Boat Designs

Sources

All CR articles are written by Scott Green.

Post by ComicMan24 (8,759 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Looks pretty good. And Red's mecha suit looks nice.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,231 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I can tell am going to like Belos by looking at her.

@ComicMan24: @Supreme Marvel:

When I heard Gen Urobuchi was going do another anime, I was pretty interested. Looking at this stuff, it reminds of Blue Submarine No. 6. I'm excited to see this anime.

So Belos got you charmed, eh Supreme Marvel.

Looking at the girls:

• Melty might be a tsundere because of the twintails and her body shape. Usually, tsundere are pettanko because creators want to be conscious about their boob size. Overall, it adds to tsundere appeal.
  • Saya might be ditzy. I think she might be one judging by her posture.

Edit:

I forgot my reasons.

@takashichea: It does seem quite good, yeah. But I have to ask. Is it a harem or anything because I am noticing that a lot of the supporting characters are girls.

@ComicMan24:

Oh crap, it might be a harem. I wish it's not. I'm tired of those now. I just saw Campione! It was terrible and full of cliches and wishy washy men and women.

Oh yeah, I edited my previous post to include reasons.

@takashichea: I hope it's not either. I rarely enjoy harems. I actually watched that recently as well. It wasn't really that bad. It had some potential.

@ComicMan24:

Hmm, I remember liking Campione and having expectations for it. It's a shame that it didn't go on for another season. I don't know what the Light Novel was about, the overall plot.

Now to get back on Suisei no Galgantias, Gen Urobuchi's previous works: Fate Zero and Madoka Magica all had drama, pessimism, and lot of dark stuff in their stories. The characters are in despair, but they kept fighting against their fate no matter how futile it was. I love that when I see Kiritsugu, Saber, Iris, Madoka, and Homura kept going and never giving up. Hope is there amidst of the bloodshed and the loss of loved ones. This series looks innocent, but Gen Urobuchi will surprise us just like he did with Madoka.

@takashichea: Loved both Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica. And if this show is anything like them, then it is going to be pretty good.

@takashichea said:

When I heard Gen Urobuchi was going do another anime, I was pretty interested. Looking at this stuff, it reminds of Blue Submarine No. 6. I'm excited to see this anime.

I enjoyed Submarine 6. It took me a while to watch it after it was on CNX here years ago. Since that was cancelled in 2003. I did manage to watch it a few years later.

She has a Ayase (Guilty Grown) look about her. She was my favourite female in that show.

It does seem quite good, yeah. But I have to ask. Is it a harem or anything because I am noticing that a lot of the supporting characters are girls.

Boom! Talking to the Harem King!

Liking that title. Any chance I could change my name to that now?

Hmm, I remember liking Campione and having expectations for it. It's a shame that it didn't go on for another season. I don't know what the Light Novel was about, the overall plot.

Yeah, CM knowns I went off that because the female lead turns from a decent character to one I didn't like within an episode.

@Supreme Marvel:

Oh yeah, she does resemble Ayase.

In Guilty Crown, my heart was for Hare. I need to rewatch Blue Submarine No. 6 for the hell of it.

Oh, Red remind me of Kirito in Sword Art Online and Shu Ouma in Guilty Crown. Both have similar facial appearances and hair style.

@takashichea:

In Guilty Crown, my heart was for Hare.

I bet your heart was broken then. Guessing none of us wanted Inori to get Shu's heart? Actually I think CM did. Ayase got into my fav' females. It's hard to reach because I have a certain set of standards.

Kirito and Shu have very similar attitudes.

I think this could make one of my favourite.

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@takashichea said:

Looking at the girls:

• Melty might be a tsundere because of the twintails and her body shape. Usually, tsundere are pettanko because creators want to be conscious about their boob size. Overall, it adds to tsundere appeal.
  • Saya might be ditzy. I think she might be one judging by her posture.

Edit:

I forgot my reasons.

A. I am VERY interested purely because Gen's stuff has always even at its worst been interesting and at its best ground breaking. B. I find it both awe inspireing sand scary that you can Identify the tsundere with just a picture

@Elfenlied1012:

Well, I got my Tsundere knowledge and pick up patterns from these guys . They're experts :)

They show me a new world when I got into Astarotte's Toy and Kore wa Zombie.

Oh, I messed up grammar. It's supposed to be "...because the creators want the girls to be self conscious about their boob size, so it adds on to the tsundere appeal."

Rarely, I see big boobed tsundere girls such as Saaya Agata of Sket Dance and Seraphim (Kore wa Zombie) which I never pegged down as a tsundere until Daniel told me she is one. My mind was blown.

@Supreme Marvel:

Shu was never good for Inori or Hare. I hated Shu too much.

If you ever come back home, we got some Guilty Crown love here. Plus, I think you might be interested in Suisei no Galgantias since you're a big Sci-fi geek. :)

@takashichea said:

@Supreme Marvel:

Shu was never good for Inori or Hare. I hated Shu too much.

At times he reminded me of Shinji in Evangelion.

@Supreme Marvel: And you are the Harem King? lol

You mean, that blonde one, right? Why didn't you like her again?

Well, I did like Inori and yeah I wouldn't mind them together but either Ayase or Hare would be fine too. Tbh I was really shipping the Shu x Ayase thing especially after some scenes towards the finale lol

Post by Acura_Max (2,431 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Here is a 42 second preview of the anime:

and here are some screen capture I took from the official website:

It looks like the pictures came with some concept art. I'll add those later.

@Acura_Max:

I'll add the character pages this evening.

Edit:

Thanks for the trailer.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel