FUNimation Sieges the Internet with Free Animu

Topic started by John_Martone on Nov. 16, 2009. Last post by metalsnakezero 4 years, 9 months ago.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Bored? Want to watch some anime? Well that's not a problem anymore. We all know that the companies tend to have scattered free animu, but often its hard to keep up with what's where when. Luckily, on top of adding new streaming videos to their website, YouTube, and Hulu, FUNimation was nice enough to detail exactly what was out there. The full list is as follows:

On their site: Dubbed

Ah! My Goddess 14-16
Big Windup! 9-10
Coyote Ragtime Show 7-8
Devil May Cry 5-6
Heroic Age 25-26
Magikano 1-4
Red Garden 1-4
Shin chan 1-4
Soul Eater 1-4
When They Cry 15-16

On their site: Subbed

Casshern Sins 1-2
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 31
Sands of Destruction 9-10
Sgt. Frog 31-31
Slayers EVOLUTION-R 1-2

On YouTube: Dubbed

Ah! My Goddess 1-4
Slayers TRY 1-4
Soul Eater 1-2
Coyote Ragtime Show 1-2
Murder Princess 1-2
Ergo Proxy 1-4
Heroic Age 5-13
Ikki Tousen 1-2

On YouTube: Subbed

Baccano! 1-6
Bamboo Blade 1-10
Devil May Cry 1-10
Romeo x Juliet 1-24
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 29
Gunslinger Girl: OVA 1-2
Ikki Tousen 1-8
XxxHOLiC 1-18

AHH, my fingers are numb from typing and linking! Tell you what, why don't you tell me what's worth checking out on this list.

P.S. Good Job FUNimation. We love you long time.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
FUNimation my waifu
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
That's awesome.  Go Funi!  I just wish their video player on their site was better.  It's not very good.  :(
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
awesome, i <3 Funi
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25
I couldn't get into Ikki Tousen. I watched a few episodes in, but all the implied rape was a bit too much for me to enjoy the action.

I was surprised when I was surfing the site and I came across Bamboo Blade information. There was no Concept association for Kendo, and no Object association for the Bamboo Swords. Just a little FYI. There are now.
The same for Mahjong and Mahjong Tiles.

About the new FMA series. I have yet to sit down to watch a single episode of that yet. I'm just not sure if I want to become emotionally involved in the story again if they are just going to give it another crappy non-ending.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
This is a pretty long list on free streaming animes--and a good one to boot!!! I like that more than one of my favorite animes is online including Ah My Goddess, Bamboo Blade and of course Romeo x Juliet. :)  And all 24 eps of R X J plus 18 eps of XXXHolic--that's a lot!
@FoxxFireArt said:
About the new FMA series. I have yet to sit down to watch a single episode of that yet. I'm just not sure if I want to become emotionally involved in the story again if they are just going to give it another crappy non-ending. "
As far as I can tell its pretty much by the numbers Manga translation. I fell off of the weekly beat FUNi was doing early just because while cool, I've read pretty far into the manga, and thus didn't feel motivated to push through a weekly package of story I was already well aquainted with.
Post by Karasu (76 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Guh, wut? What do I want with a single episode 31 (or 29 or whatever)?
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Sadface at US exclusive content...
@Zeouterlimits said:
" Sadface at US exclusive content... "
Wait, you can't access the youtube content either? I never knew that they used that kind of stuff there.
@Karasu: FUNi has been doing a "nearly" simul-sub on Brotherhood since it started airing last spring. So yeah, its not much use to you if you haven't been keeping up with the weekly updates, but it was something they added, so worth noting.
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@John_Martone: Yup, tis definetely.... unfortunate.
Post by metalsnakezero (670 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Thumbs up for FUNimation
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel