FUNimation Continues its Live-Action Streak

Topic started by gia on Jan. 5, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 11 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
So yesterday FUNimation surprised us by licensing a big batch of Hong Kong action flicks, and today they've announced two more titles: the live-action film Kamui Gaiden (starring Kenichi Matsuyama, aka live-action L), and Robogeisha, the "live-action splatter comedy" (!), from T.O. Entertainment.

It's interesting to see FUNimation, kings of the otaku DVD market, take on something like Robogeisha, which I'd normally expect to see from Media Blasters or Switchblade Pictures. But where are FUNimation's anime licenses? I'm betting they're just holding out on us with some big names on the way.

...But I'm an eternal optimist. Here, have some press releases!

Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I will counter your eternal optimism with eternal pessimism.  I'm sure there will be anime here somewhere I just don't like being baited.
Post by crusader8463 (739 posts) See mini bio Level 9
The narrator in the tailor for Robogeisha scare the shit out of me. One of these days i may actually watch the the movie.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Looks like Media Blasters needs to step up its game or it'll fall behind in live action too.
Post by constanzadellarosa (234 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I saw the Robogeisha trailer. Awesome. Me wants it. Crazy and gore-ish as it can possibly be.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@crusader8463 said:
" The narrator in the tailor for Robogeisha scare the shit out of me. One of these days i may actually watch the the movie. "
You and me both. it was like a cave monster on downers.

@constanzadellarosa:
You know, given my recent binges on Zombie Survival Defense Force and Attack Girls Swim Team vs The Undead, I don't actually assume it'll be the craziest, but its a pile of Do Want in my book.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel