Congratulations, Canada! You Get FUNi on iTunes

Topic started by gia on March 23, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Man, remember how cool the first FMA was?
 Man, remember how cool the first FMA was?
 Ouran High School Host Club
 Ouran High School Host Club
FUNimation has just issued a proclamation for Canadian anime fans: now you, too, can use iTunes to pick up some of your favorite FUNi anime, starting with Afro Samurai and its follow-up film, Fullmetal Alchemist (the original), Ouran High School Host Club, and Samurai Champloo. Not a bad starting lineup, eh? 

Now, why exactly you would want to use iTunes is a mystery to me, since I personally think that the program sucks to high hell. I mean, I guess if you have an iPod/iPhone I could see that. But for watching on your computer, you can already use FUNi's streaming video site. But hey, maybe that's just me. And all my friends who have lost their music collections to some kind of iTunes crash.

So! Canadians! What are you going to be picking up? Share with me!    
Post by crusader8463 (739 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Yea, I still use the streaming site.
Post by Fabe (56 posts) See mini bio Level 6
OK it's cool that we can get Funimation stuff off of itunes now but as the rest of you have said,I can get it from their web site and youtube channel. As for iTunes it's self I've never had a problem with it.
Post by Konanda (796 posts) See mini bio Level 17

The only reason I have iTunes installed is because it's part of Quicktime now. Like has already been said I would rather just use their streaming service or even better yet buy a physical copy.  

BTW, the comma before the eh Isn't really necessary I've never seen any fellow Canadians actually pause before saying eh. It's mainly just an interjection said to see if you are actually still paying attention or to solicite an opinion from the listener or as used here to turn something into a question. Although when using it as an interjection to see if the listener is paying attention than I would put a comma after since usually there is a pause there as you check to see if they are paying attention. For example. "So I read on Animevice that Funimation is on iTunes now eh, it's not much use to me since I have a Zune." 

*queue the more you know Canadian grammar** style music.* 

**Too be fair to certain other countries the only one of those uses that is distinctly Canadian is as an interjection to see if you are paying attention probably because we are all secretly huge egoists here, although we pretend not to be. I've seen the other two uses by folks from Australia, the U.K. and north eastern U.S.

Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Konanda said:
"

The only reason I have iTunes installed is because it's part of Quicktime now. Like has already been said I would rather just use their streaming service or even better yet buy a physical copy.  

BTW, the comma before the eh Isn't really necessary I've never seen any fellow Canadians actually pause before saying eh. It's mainly just an interjection said to see if you are actually still paying attention or to solicite an opinion from the listener or as used here to turn something into a question. Although when using it as an interjection to see if the listener is paying attention than I would put a comma after since usually there is a pause there as you check to see if they are paying attention. For example. "So I read on Animevice that Funimation is on iTunes now eh, it's not much use to me since I have a Zune." 

*queue the more you know Canadian grammar** style music.* 

**Too be fair to certain other countries the only one of those uses that is distinctly Canadian is as an interjection to see if you are paying attention probably because we are all secretly huge egoists here, although we pretend not to be. I've seen the other two uses by folks from Australia, the U.K. and north eastern U.S.

"
Dude. I love your informative inputs. Probably like, half of what I know about Canada has come from you.

Joking aside, I've never dug quicktime. Like, I only use because few other players like .Mov files, and it always tries to install iTunes. Granted, that has more to do with my floating disdain for iTunes.
@John_Martone:
Yep and I should correct myself eh used here is actually the second use to solicite an opinion from the listener, which is similar but not the same thing as the third use. 

Same for the .mov files.
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Konanda:  You know that you can just install Quicktime without iTune. You do need to dig a little in the Apple website to find it.
@Konanda said:

" @John_Martone: Yep and I should correct myself eh used here is actually the second use to solicite an opinion from the listener, which is similar but not the same thing as the third use.  Same for the .mov files. "

You should look into doing an informative, yet comical youtube series of tutorials.

@Agent_Lost said:

" @Konanda:  You know that you can just install Quicktime without iTune. You do need to dig a little in the Apple website to find it. "

You know, I always assume that's the case, but when there's something I want to watch (like the Scott Pilgrim trailer this morning), I just decide it'd be quicker to just watch it on youtube instead.
@John_Martone said:
"@Konanda said:

" @John_Martone: Yep and I should correct myself eh used here is actually the second use to solicite an opinion from the listener, which is similar but not the same thing as the third use.  Same for the .mov files. "

You should look into doing an informative, yet comical youtube series of tutorials. 

A male doing comical tutorials on youtube. John clearly you have not seen what gets hits on youtube. Now if I was female you could be on to something.
@Konanda said:

" @John_Martone said:
 A male doing comical tutorials on youtube. John clearly you have not seen what gets hits on youtube. Now if I was female you could be on to something. "

True... you aren't this...

Doesn't mean you should give up!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel