FMA Box Set Buyers Get New Season Sneak Peek

Topic started by gia on Feb. 25, 2009. Last post by Lemegeton300 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Want to see the first episode of the new Fullmetal Alchemist anime before everyone else? Good news! It'll only cost you about $700 USD-- plus airfare and lodging to be in Japan on April 4. And a lot of luck. Woooohoooo!

Basically the idea is that anyone who buys the ¥68,250 (about $700 USD) Fullmetal Alchemist box set, which features every episode of the TV anime, plus the movie, plus the short OVAs in their entirety (as well as a bonus artbook and some other tidbits). The box set ALSO includes a postcard you can send in to apply for an event pass, of which 5,000 winners will be drawn at random to attend the event, which will also feature special guests like Ed and Al's seiyuu, Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya.

Now, the question is...are there 5,000 people willing to pay $700 for materials they probably already have (by virtue of being willing to pay that much)? Hmm...

Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Sad that there will be enough people willing to pay that much...
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Void_Wizard: Yeah...in the US I'd be surprised if they managed to sell that same box set for $100.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Fucking Japan
Post by Nebs (106 posts) See mini bio Level 2
The boxset has already sold about 15,000 copies in Japan, so I'd say that the drawing is necessary.
Post by Exillion (103 posts) See mini bio Level 3
all that just to go get this... lol no.

But i'd go to japan to other...certain activities
Post by Ransom (9 posts) See mini bio Level 2
those crazy 11s
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Awwwwwwww im a bit short damn xP
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
can someone clear something up for me. I was planning to get the FMA dvds when i buy my next batch of anime but is this a brand new anime retelling the story or is it just a re-release of the old dvd's
if there is a new anime then i will probably hang on for that one
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Lemegeton300 said:
"can someone clear something up for me. I was planning to get the FMA dvds when i buy my next batch of anime but is this a brand new anime retelling the story or is it just a re-release of the old dvd's
if there is a new anime then i will probably hang on for that one
"
It's the same series but with the movie and OVAs included.

The new season of FMA isn't even coming out yet.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
ok thanks

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel