Do Ed and Al become Nazis at the of Conqueror of Shamballa?

Topic started by MrASSH0LE on Oct. 16, 2011. Last post by Superevil225 3 years ago.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Me and my bro had an argument

I think that at the end of the movie they are going out to take out the Nazis weapons and close the gate.

My brother thinks they are going to become Nazis due to the draft

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,333 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Hope not, that will make me dislike the movie

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@MrASSH0LE: I think your brother saw that they have blond hair and that was enough. I can't see Ed and Al becoming Nazis unless they are hit in the head with a baseball bat and the concussion radically alters their personalities beyond recognition.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@sickVisionz said:

@MrASSH0LE: I think your brother saw that they have blond hair and that was enough. I can't see Ed and Al becoming Nazis unless they are hit in the head with a baseball bat and the concussion radically alters their personalities beyond recognition.

This. I can see them joining the resistance against the Nazi party as it gains power over the years (assuming that history plays out in the world of FMA's Germany the same way that it does in real life) with Ed developing new technology and Al helping him with his efforts. Even without the alchemy that made them forces to be reckoned with, both of them are too bright and too good-natured to allow themselves to join up with the Nazi party.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@sickVisionz:He said it had something to do with Alfonse talking about getting involved in the war.As you can see in the vid above.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Taking Ed and Al's personalities and situation into account, I don't see how he interpreted them saying that they can't remain disconnected from the problems and issues that this world [real world] faces as, "we're gonna join the Nazis and kill us some Jews."

I still think his interpretation was formed more from blond haired people in Germany = Nazi rather than anything that actually took place in the movie or series.

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I doubt it. Highly so. Doesn't seem like something the creators would do. Plus Ed and Al are a bit too young. Draft age=18.

Ed's like 16 and Al is like 14.. I think... >.>

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel