Confession Time + Spring Break...means lots of anime!

Topic started by DJTyrant on March 19, 2009. Last post by RedRoses 5 years, 5 months ago.
Post by DJTyrant (118 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I have a confession to make...I never have seen Full Metal Alchemist!

But I am correcting that, I have had the first season of DVDs for a while and recently picked up the second season set, so I am all set to go!

I have Spring Break coming up (starts tonight!, hooray!). Last week I started watching it with my best friend and we're currently 12 episodes in and I am absolutely sucked in already!

I had seen the movie at Anime Expo 2006 and really enjoyed it and was able to follow it to a certain degree.

I also joked with my girlfriend today about spending an entire day watching Fate/stay Night again (did I mention I REALLY like this anime yet :)?) which could be fun, maybe I'm not joking?

Some other series I am considering that I need to watch:
  • Someday's Dreamers
  • Welcome to the NHK
  • Patlabor 2
  • Howl's Moving Castle

Are there any "big" anime that you haven't seen that you're embarrassed about? Let me know :) I want to hear your confessions! Or let me know which series I should dig into next after FMA!
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Definitely check out Welcome to the NHK. That's a really fantastic series because the main character really grows on you. At first, I laughed a bit about his predicament because it was quite funny but I always had an inkling of guilt because his case didn't seem curable. Also, there's just a lovely touch of drama and comedy elements without seeming over the top.

Let's see... I've never watched a Gundam series past Wing.
What else... I never finished watching Cowboy Bebop. I didn't like the first episode back when I was a kid so I stopped and never picked up the series since. I really should but I end up getting distracted with other series.
I also never watched Hellsing. I've read a chapter of the manga.

...And marathoning anime in one day is perfectly fine. I did that the first time I watched Gurren Lagann (and the second and the third and... well you get the picture).
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel