Watch & Learn: FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD #57

Topic started by No_name_here on Feb. 3, 2011. Last post by No_name_here 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (854 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Online Now
Staff
Imagine if he tried continuing the swordfight with the old man still stuck on his blade? 
Imagine if he tried continuing the swordfight with the old man still stuck on his blade? 

Looks like my callous request for more blood has been fulfilled! Buccaneer’s still standing, but Fu's checked out in a truly dramatic fashion (although the acrobatics nearly threatened to kill the mood worse than chibi.) Man, what a cold way to get undercut. Wrath just slicing off the tops of those explosives like they were dandelion heads.  I suppose that’s a lesson in why you should never telegraph your moves in a fight. You’d figure a ninja-like assassin would know that. Unless… was that all just diversion for Buccaneer?  

So many questions…

I have asked about the nature of Wrath enough times already, but the appearance of the Wrath rejects (wrejects?) brings it up again. It seems like half the Homunculi needed hosts (Greed, Wrath, Father and, to an extent, Envy) while the other half were created outright (Lust, Gluttony and Sloth,) leaving me unsure about which category Pride falls under. It would be even more sickening to find out that he was actually possessing a kid this whole time.

If this were a trading card, it'd be SO collectible.
 If this were a trading card, it'd be SO collectible.

That may never get addressed explicitly, but I’m sure it’ll be developed at least a little further when Ling and Greed finally have to decide ownership. Will they establish some kind of time-share program? Will Ling exorcise this monster with Hohenheim’s help? How will he react when he discovers the cost of his immortality (I.E. all the souls in the stone?) 

Anybody else figure there’s some loss that Olivier’s covering up?  I don’t accept the notion that every tough person’s hiding behind a façade, but the way she’s so insistent about her heart being hard suggests that she’s compensating for something more than just proving herself as an equal amongst males. Maybe she’s carrying a torch for pretty man Buccaneer?

And by the way, I thought it was funny that all these commercial break bumpers have featured characters with such cool names and now we have… the Gold Toothed Doctor! So dramatic. It’s almost like they forgot to name him.

Watch this episode “Eternal Leave,” below and decide for yourself, then read my comments on the previous episode here.  

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of  HYBRID BASTARDS!  &  UNIMAGINABLE . Order them on Amazon   here  &   here .  Follow him on Twitter:  @tompinchuk

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Izumi steal Lina's joke
In the youtube video

Post by rubberluffy (574 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Dr. Goldtooth is such a creepy bastard.  This is his third appearance (Bradley flashback and showing up at Briggs to heal Kimblee), and yet he doesn't even have a name, but you can't forget him because holy crap, what a bastard.

Bradley took some damage this time but he's pretty tenacious.
Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Wrath has way more fight left in him
Post by Lurkero (401 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I loved the scene where Wrath slices up the dynamite. It was the perfect antithesis to how so many times a sidekick risks everything to save the others even though the sacrifice might not even be worth it. Wrath is too powerful to be brought down by such tomfoolery.

As to Olivier. I think her blatant expression of her personality is more of a fallacy with Japanese (or maybe just manga) writing. Manga seem to go out of their way to express everything outright.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,639 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Actually, Greed start out as being made as a whole. That Greed was melted down then became a host for Ling Yao. I'm thinking that Father chose what to do with them rather than he had to make them in those forms. For the plan, Father needed the leader of the country to be under his command. I believe they wanted Wrath to have the eye, because who better to give heightened perception to than a person who a lot of people would like to aim at. literally and figuratively.

We have been noticing both Ling and Greed appearing to share control or switching back rather easily. 

I don't think Olivier carries any sort of flame for Buccaneer. She she's pretty protective of all the men under her command. We all saw what she did when Raven disrespected the remains of that guy Smith. One day I need to scan the image of the Armstrong siblings. Olivier is the eldest.

I'd have to check, but I don't think they every addressed the name of the Gold-Toothed Doctor at all in the manga. He was just this creepy nameless person with a gold tooth. It's probably that they needed to give him some kind of name for the credits of the anime, and that's what they used.

You know, I love how FUNimation has these on their youtube channel, but I really wish they would get some new commercials. I don't know how much I can take of David Hasselhoff and Dolph Lungren.
Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7
So it's safe to say that  Gold Toothed Doctor is the Boba Fett of FMA?
Post by zaldar (1,239 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@FoxxFireArt:  I actually find those commercials entertaining and they are a great choice for an anime.  The barbecued unicorn is pretty much the definition of moe.  *kouh*
Online Now
Staff
@Destinyheroknight said:
" Izumi steal Lina's joke
In the youtube video

"
That's no youtube video... that's a jpeg!
Online Now
Staff
@rubberluffy said:
" Dr. Goldtooth is such a creepy bastard.  This is his third appearance (Bradley flashback and showing up at Briggs to heal Kimblee), 
Ahhh... I remembered the first, of course. Not the second.
Online Now
Staff
@lurkero said:
 As to Olivier. I think her blatant expression of her personality is more of a fallacy with Japanese (or maybe just manga) writing. Manga seem to go out of their way to express everything outright. "
Heh... I think you're right.
Online Now
Staff
@kashif1 said:
" Wrath has way more fight left in him "
(CROWD) 
"HOW MUCH MORE?!"
Online Now
Staff
@Roldan said:
" So it's safe to say that  Gold Toothed Doctor is the Boba Fett of FMA? "  
More like that lizard dude, Bossk.
Online Now
Staff
@FoxxFireArt said:
I don't think Olivier carries any sort of flame for Buccaneer. She she's pretty protective of all the men under her command. We all saw what she did when Raven disrespected the remains of that guy Smith
So she's like Ilysa!
Actually, Greed start out as being made as a whole. That Greed was melted down then became a host for Ling Yao. 
Ah that's right. He's like Ling's chewy caramel center.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel