Super-Sexy Figure I Can't Afford #31,926.5

Topic started by gia on Feb. 5, 2010. Last post by lanaswift 4 years, 10 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Figuremakers Yamato have a cool line called Creators' Labo, a series of sexy-classy figures (as opposed to sexy-trashy), based on the work of various illustrators, including a number by a favorite artist of mine, Shunya Yamashita.

But today's illustrator isn't Yamashita, it's someone else-- Jun Tsukasa, best known for his doujinshi, particularly revolving around video game characters and female ninja, samurai, and other historical styles.

This figure is neither of those, though, but rather more of a sci-fi action work. And you know, whether you find the tail-slash-buttplug a little odd, she is gorgeously sculpted. I sort of wish they'd gone with the more lively winking face from the original illustration, but I can't fault pretty much anything else. Her hair looks fantastic, and good god, the woman's clothing looks like actual leather and metal.

It may or may not be your style, but you can't deny that it's spectacular work. And currently on sale for only ¥9,180-- about $102 USD (formerly closer to $120). When I win the lottery, she is sold.     

What do you think?
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Those eyes are kinda creepy
Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I Love Tsukasa's Art he has some awesome stuff, and the Figure is very cool. That plug on her back looks like something from the MatrixXD
Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4

I am actually considering saving up for this.

Post by JackSukeru (402 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Saw this a couple o days ago, it looks nice and all, I epecially like the face and eye shape, the rest I'm not that into.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
That's super sexy.
Post by Dethfish (120 posts) See mini bio Level 12
That looks really nice. I especially like the back view.
@Dethfish77: Amen!
Post by Papasan (160 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Whew... *pulls at collar*... did it just get warmer in here?!?!?! 

I LOVE the concept art... the wink and the petulant smirk should have made it onto the sculpt... Maybe they're considering switchable heads?
Post by constanzadellarosa (234 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Those Creators Labo are gorgeous. I bought a couple of weeks ago the Rei by Shunya Yamashita one (and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, bummer) and I'm waiting for the re-issue of the Asuka one.

Here is another Creator Labo I loved (but not available):
http://angel-cloud-strife.narod.ru/Anime-Figures/Holstein_Hanako_San.JPG
@constanzadellarosa: I couldn't get into the cow-girl-- my favorite is probably Shunya Yamashita's Nonnon. The sly expression on her face is just fantastic. 

Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@gia:
I always liked that one too. Though for sheer detail I think I like the OP one better.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel