Figures Compilation Thread

Topic started by takashichea on April 17, 2013. Last post by takashichea 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (11,899 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Figure Club!
Figure Club!

Welcome to the Figures Compilation Thread! In the past, we had Gia Manry do Toy Tuesdays, did his Weekly Figures Previews blogs, and did Featured Figures articles.

Now, this is the compilation thread for all you guys and gals who are casual visitors or hardcore fans.

Have fun y'all!

Anime VicersFavorite Figures

Hailinel

From Left to Right: Haku, Tharja, X-23, Jaina Solo, and Ling Xiaoyu

Takashichea
From Left to Right: Nanami Aoyama

Other Compilation Threads

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,195 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Ha, ironically I'm bringing Featured Figures back soon. Guess that won't be much of a surprise any more! I suppose there's no harm in having a thread as well.

@Daniel_Newton:

I was doing a bit reminiscing for the folks back in those days. Oh, here are some Oreimo figurines.

Edit:

Heh, hope that middle one freaks you out.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@takashichea: Glad to see some sort of figure-related feature up and running again on AnimeVice in the nearly two years since I last posted the Weekly Figure Previews that I used to write.

@ShadowKnight508:

Check this out!

The 310-millimeter-tall, 1/4 scale figure depicts Super Sonico dressed in a frilly outfit, wearing bunny ears and a tail. The figure was made with extreme attention to detail, including the use of actual fabric to make Super Sonico’s fishnet tights.

The figure is manufactured by FREEing and sculpted by Masato Abe. It retails for 18,800 yen, and will be released in July.

Crunchyroll

@takashichea: Looks sharp, and I would love to add it to my collection, but due to money being tight and saving up for a new car, I will have to sadly pass on investing in it. It would have looked nice in-between my 1/7th Hatsune Miku and 1/7th Charlotte E. Yeager figures.

@ShadowKnight508:

Maid Bride! Don't worry, I'm showing off figures for fun.

I don't remember a blonde girl in Maid Bride.

@Daniel_Newton:

Hmm, Sena has gone from meat to Holstien! (okay, bad joke. At least, I didn't say Sena is showing some udders.) Kobato looks cool.

I think that's all the figures I seen in Crunchyroll.

@takashichea: That is Yuuki from Maid Bride (from the Otaku in Summer chapter of Maid Bride). Example below:

Maid Bride (Chapter 10)
Maid Bride (Chapter 10)

@ShadowKnight508:

Oh, the otaku girl who loves playing the ero games. Hmm, I think they got her face right.

Have you ever seen a figure with the right face before? I haven't seen good figures with a face that matches their anime and manga counterparts.

@takashichea: Not really (since it is most likely hard to recapture that certain look from an 2D anime/manga and translate it into a 3D figure). The only one that came close to matching the face up to the character (in my opinion) was the Charlotte E. Yeager figure that I purchased in 2011 from ALTER.

Post by Acura_Max (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Kobato Hasegawa 10cm figure (Haganai)

By the makers of an eroge game, Daiteikoku, this is Hitler if he were a cute anime girl

@takashichea: Almost forgot...take a look at the link below. Scroll through the list of 2013 figures and see just how many have a face that is close to the respective anime/manga character?

http://www.goodsmile.info/archive/en/product/all/bishojo/all/all/all/all/1.html

@ShadowKnight508:

I see Kiritsugu looks good. I guess girls are harder to do. I do see your point with the transition from 2D to 3D.

Macross F

They did Mediator!

Post by Bigheart711 (3,808 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea: Yay! :D Thanks for pointing it out to me. I want to search for that at AWA when it arrives.

I found two good figures as well.

Homura Akemi (Good Smile Company)

Rin & Wooser (Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life) [Nendroid]

These two are awesome in their own right, especially the Wooser Mech.

Ruiko Saten (A Scientific Railgun)

Post by Sonata (35,339 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Acura_Max: That Sheryl Nome figure is fantastic, I'd get that one.

@ShadowKnight508:

@Sonata:

@ShadowKnight508:

Hey, I know you're not on AV anymore. Hell, I just wanted to show you some random Sonico figures I found on the web. Oh, I added Rias. Her face is a bit weird. She's doing her "pole" dance. Yeah..

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel