Every Time a Bell Rings, a Fairy Gets Her Shotgun

Topic started by gia on May 25, 2009. Last post by Linkyshinks 4 years ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
So, every time I hear the name Odin's Sphere (mmm...Odin's Sphere..mm...er, um--) I get all distracted and drooly. I've actually to this date only played like, a half-hour of the game because my PS3 is decidedly less portable than my PSP and DS, and I'm never !@#$ing home long enough to devote myself to an RPG these days. But the design work in that game is amazing. I especially love seeing cosplayers from Odin's Sphere (rawrrrrrrrr, Odin's Sphere~~~).

Ahem. So when I spotted this figure of Mercedes, the Fairy Queen from Odin's Sphere (yummmm!), I  pounced on it. She's part of Yamato's SIF EX line of figures, standing 18cm high. Mercedes is also due out this August, ¥8190 (about $86 USD). Not cheap, but she's gorgeous-- I love figures that are cool-looking enough in and of themselves that they don't even necessarily feel like they up your nerd quotient. Decor-wise I keep most of my anime stuff in my upstairs office, but this is a figure I'd be happy to put in the living room, y'know?

Anyway, here are a LOT more pictures from AmiAmi.

Post by DJTyrant (118 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Ah, lucky you got a backwards comptable PS3 :/
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
oh man, I love Oden Sphere. I wish that there was more game that were 2d sprite. This figure look amazing, also there making a Velvet figure.

Cheer to Vanillaware for keeping beautiful 2d sprite game alive.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Man, I just can't get over how cool the semitransparency of the wings is.
Post by Pyro (49 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Win.
Post by Eelcire (74 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Agent_Lost said:
oh man, I love Oden Sphere. I wish that there was more game that were 2d sprite. This figure look ... [more]

Support Vanillaware and 2D awesomeness with Muramasa: The Demon Blade coming out on Wii later this year!

Great figurine, I missed out on the Gwendolyn figure earlier. The frog is a nice touch ^^
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Eelcire said:
Agent_Lost said: oh man, I love Oden Sphere. I wish that there was more game that were 2d sprite. This ... [more]
Agreed, Got to love me some Oden Sphere I also look forward to Demon Blade.
Post by Sonata (35,339 posts) See mini bio Level 20
A cute Fairy with a boom stick doesn't get much better than that:)
Post by Linkyshinks (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Damn that's gorgeous, so cute, I want one!. Hope Muramasa follows suit so I can get Kisuke and Momohime figures
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Never really got into figures (more of a dakimakura kinda guy), but I might have to purchase this one.

She looks gorgeous.
Post by Linkyshinks (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Woo!, I finally got one to add to the Momohime figurine I got last month.

Love it.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel