Alter's Figures for Women Line's First Release: Natsume

Topic started by gia on March 3, 2010. Last post by FoxxFireArt 4 years, 9 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Last week I reported on Alter's new Altail line of figures aimed at female fans in Japan, and today I just caught word (and pics!) of the first figure they're going to release: it's Natsume and Nyanko-sensei from Natsume Yuujinchou. And it looks great!

Due out this July, this piece will run ¥7140, about $80 USD-- not expensive as figures go, but not cheap. If Hobby Search or another site has it on a bit of a discount, I'm going to seriously consider snatching this up. A, because I want to support the idea of more figures that aren't bishoujo character (even though I love those too), and B, because it just looks like a really nice figure.

Natsume seems like it's a pretty good choice to start with, too, because it seems pretty popular with guys as well as with women. (How many of you were aware that Natsume Yuujinchou is a shoujo manga that runs in the same mag as Ouran High School Host Club and Vampire Knight?)

What do you think? Look like something you might want?    
Post by sunflower (191 posts) See mini bio Level 1
 Oooh!  If you do see it discounted, please share the information!  I have no idea where to buy things like this, but would love to get Natsume.
Post by Kris (130 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Natsume runs in LaLa?  I had no idea.

Anyway, it I had the spare $80, I'd buy it.  That's a great looking figure.  Lots of lovely detail.
Post by Harts (12 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Looks good! I'm not a female, but if I'd had the money I'd buy it.
Post by metalsnakezero (680 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Very nice. I say it worth the 80 bucks.
Post by JackSukeru (402 posts) See mini bio Level 8
It's a nice looking figurine, but I know nothing about the series so it's an auto pass.
@sunflower: 1999.co.jp/eng is where I usually go to shop, and they usually have things for lower than SRP-- kinda like Amazon does. I hope they get the preorder SOON because their 15% off sale is still going, too :D 

@RockmanBionics: You should pick up the manga for a read. It might not be your style but it's good enough that I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot to any manga-reader.
Post by AHR (115 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Staff
He looks a bit younger than normal and the pants look a little too much like leggings (maybe it's just the lighting in this photo), but it's still a nice composition and the "hang in there" nyanko sensei pose is cute.   I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the line.
Post by Miken (87 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Nice figure -- well worth that price, though fishing out that much from my wallet is a bad idea right now. XD;;
@AHR: Ha, hadn't made the connection to the poster cat! 

Post by JackSukeru (402 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@gia: Done, just ordered the first volume. 

Just letting you know, if it's bad you'll never hear the end of it.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25
That's a nice looking figure, but not $80.00 nice.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel