Now, Before We Start (Rules and FAQ)

Topic started by Superevil225 on July 1, 2011. Last post by ShadowKnight508 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Oh! Look at this! A fan-fiction section right here! Cool beans (you can expect me to post here) XD
Anyways, before people start to post in the Fan-Fic section, I think it would be a good idea to clarify some stuff. Y'know rules. I was thinking of FAQ that people are going to be asking, and it would be nice if some of the people who actually know the rules can answer. And If nobody knows the rules, I could help answer?
  • Ratings? What's the max? 14A 18A?
  • This is only anime, right? (This should probably be "Yes, only anime" but hay! You never know :P)
  • Swearing or censoring?
  • Should 1 topic be for one 'chapter' to allow comments, or should it all be smushed into one?
  • Commenting on other people's work allowed? Y/N?
  • Naming conventions? I.e. Title - Fandom - Rating?
Yeah... that's all I can think for now. If any of the mods/staff know the answers, that would be cool. If they don't... well looks like we need to make some. :P
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Superevil225: I actually just PM'ed ethan about this a few days ago, he should be getting back to me on Monday when they return to the Office. I'm sure if they don't have any, me and you could help them, I love Fan-Fic !
Post by UsachanMaN (4,521 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Yea, I was wondering about those as well and on how the "fan-fic" forum was going to be organized. 
@UsachanMaN said:
Yea, I was wondering about those as well and on how the "fan-fic" forum was going to be organized. 
I would hope they would let users do a lot of the work, that is a general trend. Of course, they set the rules and guidelines and we lay them out as such. 
@fire_star:  
That would be nice. I guess they'll try their best to set the rules and guidelines such that it compromises both the users' and the mods' preferences. 
@UsachanMaN: That sounds very reasonable. What I figure they will do is tell us the can'ts and musts, then we put it into an easy understandable thread for Fan-Fic users. I'll be doing a thread tomorrow that is Tips For Fan Fics and I'll post it here, just basic unsaid things that make Fan-Fics awesome, of course, this won't replace Rules & FAQ, but it will help those who venture over here. 
@fire_star:  
Yea, that's most-likely what they'll do, especially how this forum is new to the Vice.  
That's definitely a good idea on your part! :D That'll be very useful for aspiring fan-fic writers to check out! :D
@UsachanMaN: Thanks! I appreciate the support.
@fire_star:  
no problemo! :)
@fire_star: Whoop whoop!
Sounds good! Can't wait, I love fan-fiction. XD
@Superevil225: Me too, like I said above, I'll be writing Tips tomorrow, then if ethan lets us we can work together to create guidelines and AV's rating system and such. 
@fire_star: That sounds awesome!
Do you think there will be a limit on the rating, I.e. nothing XXX? I would think so.
@Superevil225: I certainly think anything that has to do with Sexual Acts would be banned, for good reason to. I do think however, that after that it is more of a free world, I do think that a rating system would be required, because if some users don't like real gory stuff, then they need to know what that story entails. I say, if we can, you me and ethan create a rating system, and hopefully make it required for you to give your Fan-Fic a rating at the top, so users can understand what they may be reading. It would need to be simple, yet effective. 
@fire_star: Defiantly. What I was thinking for naming conventions, it would go like:
Sasuke Eats Ramen - Naruto - PG
So title - fandom- rating.
@Superevil225: That would be the easiest and effective thing we can do, I like it. That should be required in either the Topic Title or before the story is posted in the post itself. 
@fire_star: I was thinking in the topic title. That was people would know exactly what they were getting into. :)
@Superevil225: Yes, that was my first thought too. But if this ever gets active, I have this gut feeling some writers would have issues with putting their stories rated symbol in the topic title. But they may just have to deal with it. 
@fire_star: We'er all big kids, we can deal with it. :P
@Superevil225: Ah, if only all of us acted like so. 
@fire_star: LOL Yes, only if.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel