Batman Superman/Ghost in the shell crossover story

Topic started by Bruce27 on June 12, 2012. Last post by Bruce27 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Bruce27 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Rating for story is between 14A and 18A but leans more toward 14.

Story summary: There has been an uprising of crime in that of Japan in the year 2033; the police and Section 9 having their hands full. But what happens when two of DC's finest find themselves sent to this alt universe/time. Will Batman and Superman be enemy or ally? Motoko Kusanagi and her team will have their hands full.

World's Finest in Ghost City
CHP 1: Evil Beings

More than confused with blurred vision lays a woman, having no idea where she currently is or what is even going on. Laying for a few moments longer, she attempts to move becoming aware that she's bounded by her legs and wrists to a bed, with a piece of cloth being tied around her mouth. If she had the strength she'd try and power out of it; a good assumption is that she's most likely been drugged, due to how drained out she feels. Trying to sit up, her vision begins to improve; realizing just how bad the circumstance truly is! Tied up in a chair a few ft away from her position is her husband Jay Totsukoe! He looks over at her with tears in his eyes, unable to move himself.

"Good to see sleeping beauty has finally awaked. Now we can proceed."

Looking off to her left, the person who speak dresses in all black with a trench coat wearing a ski mask to cover his face. He carries with him something which resembles a baseball bat. Lifting it up over his shoulder he commences with swinging it only twice at the head of Jay, snapping his neck on the 2nd swing. Glancing down at his arms, he can't believe the strength this new prosthetic body has given him! Turning to Liz Totsukoe, he licks his lips. Blood pours out of the head, mouth and nose of Jay.

"Sorry about that sweetie, but I don't think he would have wanted to watch what I'm about to do next. I'll remove the cloth from your mouth, but you have to promise you won't scream or I'll have to cut open your little neck."

He asks if she'll keep quiet if he removes the fabric from her mouth; tears running down her cheeks, Liz nods her head. Coming up next to her he does as he said he would slowly untying the cloth.

"Why are you doing this?" She asks in a whimper.

Too no surprise he doesn't answer; instead reaches into the side of his jacket pulling out a pocket knife, removing the jacket from his person after doing so. Putting a gloved finger to her lips he tells her to "Ssshhhh." With the knife in his other hand he starts cutting through her shirt down the middle quickly revealing her bra. Getting to her stomach he is able to confirm she's 100% human/non prosthetic.

"I guess I should mention I love them live, it's hard to get the same rush with someone in a prosthetic body. But I'm not complaining, I go both ways…it really depends on the mood." He says reaching down rubbing a hand over the side of her face.

"What are you going to do to me?" She asks with obvious terror in her tone.

Removing his hand from the side of her face, he takes the opportunity to rip open her shirt in which she cries as a result having a good idea what he's about to do to her! Over a couple miles away outside a mall that had just been opened just two days ago, is an armed individual who fires off on civilians; transforming his right arm into a machine gun!

"Hahahaha…yes! The Doc said I'd love my new body and its major updates; but this is freaking off the hook. Now to test the brute strength of this thing!"

Various civilians lay in a bloody pool, having been shot down by this unknown man who stands at 6'9" wearing black shades, along with a green cap turned backwards; light brown hair and dark green tank top and blue jeans; having a very muscular frame. Transferring his arm back to normal; he smiles walking over in the direction of an SUV. This should definitely give him an idea of how much strength this prosthetic body truly possesses.

"Oh my goodness, has anyone contacted the police?" Someone yells out.

There are at least eight dead and another twenty injured. The Muscular brute walks up in front of the vehicle bending down and placing his arms underneath it. Positioning them in exactly the right place to give himself balance, he lifts the vehicle up over his head feeling the weight traveling through his veins. Smirking broadly he uses all of his strength throwing to vehicle into a nearby pickup truck!

"Yes this body is amazing! When the Doc told me I'd have super soldier strength I had no idea it would be of this proportion! I'll most certainly need to thank him when I see him again."

Putting his left arm out in front of him, he transforms it into a missile launcher; aiming and shooting one missile off into a nearby parking lot everything goes up in flames in a single explosion. It isn't but another minute that police vehicles start surrounding the area. Clinching his fists, he takes a brief look up at the moon, knowing he is about to face his biggest challenge yet.

"Put your hands in the air Atsushi Grivez, we know it's you!" One of the police officers demands pointing his weapon at the 6'9" person.

Scratching at the side of his head, he wonders how they know his name; when transferring from his previous prosthetic body, he changed up his appearance quite a bit. Right now none of that matters, because from what he can tell they lack the right weapons to be able to successfully bring him down.

"Look Atsushi we aren't going to ask again. Now put your hands behind your head and get down on your knees!" The commander of the unit says through a megaphone.

Thinking it over, Atsushi comes up with an idea deciding to play along with their orders. Taking a knee he places both hands behind his back, giving them the sign that he's surrendering. In seeing this, the commander signals for several of his men to move in and make the arrest. As they get in close a smirk forms on the face of Atsushi; jumping up from his position knocking them all over and snapping one of their necks in the process.

"Son of a bitch! Take the target down, but try your best to not hit any of our own!" The commander yells ordering his men.

Doing as they're told, the group commences by firing off at the target that shows great quickness and flexibility for someone his size dodging the bullets. A few are successful in getting a shot off on him, but the bullets do little to nothing. Atsushi glances down at his arms smiling marveling his immense potency. Coming up with another idea, he surprises himself once more easily ripping a door off the car he hides behind. Sprinting out to his left and from behind the car, he throws the door out toward the police officers like it's some type of a boomerang knocking over five of them.

"Damn this guy is really good, but he's beatable." One of the rookie's says moving in alone.

The commander shouts out telling him to stand his ground, but it is too late as he is shot down by the criminal who converts his hand back into the machine gun mowing him down; his blood flying everywhere! Running straight at another officer who shoots at him, even in close range the bullets only really pierce the skin, but that is about it. Grabbing hold of the policeman by his neck, he smashes his head into the side of a windshield KO'ing him on impact.

"Really…is this the best you've all got? If so, than I think I'll be leaving; but you need not worry, you will all be seeing a lot more of me in the near future!"

Looking over at his right, he jogs in that direction lifting up one of the police vehicles and tossing it in the vicinity of the commander. Following that, the backside of his abdomen opens ripping open his tank top with a booster pack being on display.

"See yah later losers!" Atsushi says blasting off at speeds which rival a jet.

It may not be known to them yet, but there is a specific structure fabricated inside of him which won't allow the police or anyone else to track him using any form of radar. Standing from where he had been slouched over next to his vehicle, the commander of this unit shakes his head in dismay, to see so many of his men hurt and others even worse. The clutters of the sirens can be heard just a few blocks away; this is one defeat that is going to hurt for awhile. The police force might need a little extra help in bringing this guy, and he knows just the group who can help; or at least based on the stories he's heard they'd be a viable option.

"It's alright sergeant Masaaki, we can't win them all." One of his men emphasizes, patting him over the back.

It doesn't just hurt for him, but the rest of his team as well; they all take true pride in their work. The question he'd like answered is who's the creator of that prosthetic body? None of them have seen anything like it in their line of work. Whatever the case, it probably cost a couple million just to construct the thing. In the thick of time the ambulances arrive, collecting anyone who needs medical attention.

Miles Away

Over an hour passes, it now being a little past one AM in the morning. In deep sleep, having only the sounds of a few cars passing by and animal life outside; the phone off to the side of the bed begins to ring. Waking almost immediately, a woman sits up catching a glimpse of herself in a mirror located over her dresser. Completely nude, she reaches over picking up the phone.

"Hello Major, I'm just calling to inform you that I'd like you to come in along with the others an hour early tomorrow; or actually today…however you want to think of it."

"Is there a problem Chief?"

"I will update the whole group on the situation when you all come in."

Having nothing else to say, he apologizes for disturbing her at this late hour; both hanging up afterward. Yawning a little bit, Motoko Kusanagi lays back resting her head over a pillow wondering why the chief didn't just contact her through their cyber brain link. Closing her eyes, she tries not to think much about it; that is something she could ask tomorrow. Sleeping fully through the remainder of the night, she awakes to the sun ascending over the mountains in the distance. Checking and seeing that it is a little after six in the morning, she gets out of bed going into the bathroom and getting in the shower. Down at the police station, senior officer Ryan Sho is handed an envelope.

"May I kindly ask what's inside?"

"I'm not really sure sir; the guys downstairs didn't give me very many details. All they told me was that this particular case now belongs to your unit."

Asking if there is anything else, the delivery guy shakes his head saying that will be all. Once the officer exits out of his office, Ryan opens the envelope almost trembling at the face which looks back at him. His name is Aoi Sanhall, and the past two month's he's killed over twenty three people; all of which have been couples. Somehow he gains their trust, and then kills them afterward. The most disturbing part about this guy, is that recently he has begun raping the women; killing them after that. What scares him the most about this guy, is his past championships being one of Japan's top material artists, and also a top secret agent spy for a little while.

"Hey commander, the guys need you in the conference room. We will be starting the meeting in ten minutes."

Giving him the thumbs up, Ryan closes the envelope with all Aoi Sanhall's information, placing it inside his desk and standing. Shaking his head; this is the type of monster he has dreaded his entire career, and now he has been assigned to go track this guy down. Out on the highway Togusa is the first of his team to arrive, parking his vehicle and entering into Section 9's headquarters through an eye scan.

"Hhhmm, I could really use an energy bar or something."

Traveling up a few flights of stairs, Togusa stops in front of a vending machine getting him something to snack on along with something to drink as well. Continuing down the hall he walks into the boardroom, a bit surprised to see someone beat him to the punch.

"Chief Aramaki! I mean…I didn't expect to see you here this quickly."

"You can take a seat wherever, I'd rather not get into anything before everyone else is present."

Togusa responds saying that is fine with him, taking a sip of his orange juice and peeling the wrapper off the candy bar. Waiting for over another ten minutes Batou is the next to arrive and the major shortly after. The entire group is in attendance before the next hour comes around.

"Now that everyone is here I'd like to jump right into this; I don't know if any of you are aware of what happened last night with a single individual taking on and getting the better of the police force and swat team. Rumor has it they fired several rounds at him, but their attempts did little to no damage."

"So what you're telling us is the police were dealing with some tough guy, equipped with a high end prosthetic body?" Batou asks.

"Yes you could say that, but whenever any of you are able to get a glimpse of the news again you will find it to be one of the top stories. Not only does his body have exceptional durability, but he showed strength out of the ordinary, being able to lift up police vehicles in their entirety with simplicity."

Leaning back in his chair, Togusa's mouth opens; something like that would only be doable in the movies! If what the chief says is true, there must be new prosthetic bodies on the market. But if there were something to this extreme they would have all already known about it. Crossing his arms, Saito rubs a finger over his chin really putting some thought into it.

"Before any of you ask…yes the police do have a name, he goes by Atsushi Grivez . He was born here in Japan, but has done a lot of traveling spending some time in Canada and even Berlin. Atsushi has since returned home since a month ago. It is unknown where he currently stays."

"Why are you telling us this; sounds to me like it's the police force's problem." Motoko declares.

Pacing back and forth, the chief informs them the Police would like the assistance of Section 9 to try and bring this guy down and into custody. Having an opinion of his own Ishikawa has a good feeling this guy could be testing the waters with a prototype. That prosthetic body of Atsushi may not even be the main deal; simply being a test run. There's probably a lot of people and money involved. As of right now that's strictly opinion, nothing can be said for sure.

"Now that we've got the small briefing out of the way, I'll let you all get to work; try and get as much research on this man as we can. The easiest way to have any success with this is to understand who we're dealing with." The chief notifies.

Fully understanding what is asked of them, the whole group gets up heading for the lab; Paz being the first to exit the room. For some reason Motoko doesn't follow, sitting in place with an expression of emptiness.

"Is everything ok major." Batou asks, just before he leaves the room.

Re positioning on the sofa she looks him in the face informing she'll be right behind him. Taking her word for it, he smiles skipping off and following the others. Truth be told, she's had her mind on Hideo Kuze and the events surrounding his death. That was close to over a year ago, but the thoughts creeps up on her unexpectedly a lot of the time.

To Be Continue

World's Finest in Ghost City
CHP 2: Another Day and Night on the Job

Having spent all of last night planning in addition to assessing the limits and strength of his innovative body; Atsushi deems it in his best interest to keep a low profile for a few days. As of right now, he's the number one story on most news stations. Undoubtedly on the top list of the most wanted criminals; nevertheless it isn't something that bothers him. Scampering down the hall Atsushi looks around confirming he wasn't followed before proceeding. Feeling ok with that, he knocks at the door. As always he waits for an extended period of time before the Doc answers and opens the door.

"Well look who's made it back in one piece and has made the top headlines," Opening the door fully, the doctor invites him in; Atsushi doing just that walking past him, with the door being closed, "Give me some feedback…how did the body handle?"

Giving him the thumbs up, Atsushi goes on to say it was much better than he was expecting and that it was like living a dream. Liking the sound of that, Dr. Tetsei enters into a back room with another of his coworker's coming out. She certainly isn't the most known doctor around, but Mei Lin has been working closely with an undercover agency who has been designing advanced weapons, with the main purpose being to outclass the police. This is the first super soldier type prosthetic body they have put together.

"I've spoke with some of our closes dealers and stock holders; and they'd like a lot more of these bodies created and distributed. Problem is these deals will have to be off the map, and most importantly it costs between 70 to 90 million just to construct one."

This comes as no surprise to him; compared to his last body everything is much more upgraded, from his vision, strength, speed, smell, reflexes; he could go on all day. No one is invincible, but in this body he'll be one tough customer to bring down.

Section 9 facility

Over three hours have passed, with the team digging deep into the past of this guy. There isn't much to find apart from him playing soccer from his middle school through college, but never tried for the pros. Other than that, there isn't anything else note worthy; him having no criminal record, seeming to stay out of trouble.

"I'm assuming we'll be taking along with us tachikomas?" Togusa asks looking in the direction of Motoko.

The Major stands behind Ishikawa looking over his left shoulder glancing over the data; ultimately deciding to save it to her cyber brain, considering it to be valuable information in essence will get them closer to this guy. After doing so, she backs off giving her attention to Togusa asking him to repeat his question. Putting a hand out in front of him, he tells her to forget about it and that it wasn't important.

"I'm sorry team, but I'm going to ask that most of you hold off on this. There has been a bombing downtown, and there are a few city officials being held hostage." Chief Aramaki says rushing into the room.

"Since when; and for how long?" Batou asks.

Exiting out of the room he asks for all of them to follow, notifying that he'll explain on the way. None in the group question his instructions, following him down the hall and into their vehicles; both Ishikawa and Borma are the only two to stay behind, having some work to finish.

"Chief do you know the severity of this…has it up till now reached the top news stations?"

"I can't say for sure; whether the public knows anything or not isn't what's important. Our objective is to make sure there are no more casualties, and too get the hostages out safely."

Motoko andChiefAramaki converse back and forth through their cyberlink. Ending the conversation she taps further into her cyberbrain linking to several of the news channels, opening a separate window for each of them on minimize. This is so she can monitor them all at the same time. It's astonishing how quickly news of this caliber can spread! Closing all windows, she comes back to reality getting into her vehicle leading the way for the rest of the team. While in the back of a patrol vehicle, Togusa, Saito, Batou and Paz suit up into their battle gear before driving off and following the major.

"Be ready guys, I'm sensing this will be a stealth mission more than anything. I kind of like it that way, it presents more of a challenge." Batou says, sitting back holding his weapon up against his chest.

The others stay quite having nothing to say; entirely having their minds on the mission. Out to the west officer Ryan Sho follows one of the crime scene investigators into a house with the rest of his squad; having been taped off from the public. The group journeys up a flight of stairs, entering into a bedroom where one of the Rookie members to Sho's unit has to leave searching for the nearest bathroom or trashcan.

"What were their names?" Ryan asks with clinched fists.

Lying out over the bed is a woman who has her wrists and ankles tightly tied around the posts of the bed which kept her from going anywhere, or doing much of anything. She had been stripped of all that she was wearing, being raped and then slowly killed by some type of blade. Off to the side sits another corpse in a chair, having bled from his head. Blunt force trauma to the head is what killed him; as for the woman, that'll have to be determined in the crime lab.

"Their names were Jay and Liz Totsukoe…in other words they just got married over a month ago."

Taking a few steps forward, Ryan slams his fist. Aoi seems to always be one stride ahead of them, treating this as if it were a game! Placing his anger aside for a few moments, he tries to figure how Aoi chooses his targets and how he gains their trust, if even. Judging by the amount of kills he's racked up, you have to believe he gets the trust of these people and then backstabs them whenever his first opportunity arises.

"How soon will you be moving the bodies?" Ryan asks.

"It shouldn't be too much longer; we've just got a few more things to take care of as far as are protocol goes."

Off to the side there is a few investigators who snap photos using cameras and others with prosthetic bodies; snapping shots through the lenses of their eyes, saving the photos to their cyberbrains. Out on the road, Motoko Kusanagi comes to a stop parking her vehicle a few blocks away from where most of the activity is taking place. Getting out she slams the door shut holding her small firearm close to her body going into camouflage mode.

"Batou report…where are you guys?"

"Don't worry Major, we'll be there in the next minute; we just got caught up in somewhat of a traffic jam." He replies, through his cyberlink.

Moving from her position, she lets them know she'll be progressing without them. None of them have a problem with her decision. Sprinting down the sidewalk a lot goes through her mind; some of which has to do with this and others not so much. Coming up closer to what has now become somewhat of a battle ground between the Police and the bombers, Motoko is a bit surprised. There is a lot of exchanging of gunfire from both sides. Coming out of her camouflage, she bends down sitting next to one of the officers.

"Can you tell me what happened here? How did all of this start?"

"Who're you supposed to be?" He asks turning to face her.

"My name is Motoko Kusanagi, I'm part of a public security group called section 9."

Introducing himself to her as well, he goes on to say no one is really clear on what started this; that is something that will be figured out once they're able to successfully get everything under control. She notices that he stares at the area of her chest, but pays no real attention to it.

"I'm going in. Stay here with the rest of your men and make sure none of them get away."

"Wait are you crazy? You can't go in there alone, you'll be killed!"

Camouflaging herself once more, she gets up from her position taking a look at the building in front of her. Moving quickly she makes sure she isn't in the line of fire.

"That is one crazy bitch." He whispers to himself, wishing her the best.

"Chief I'm entering into the building now; which floor are the hostages being held on?" She asks.

"They should be on floor three, but I strongly advise you wait for the rest of your team." The chief replies.

Thanking him she enters through one of the side entrances making sure to move slowly without making a sound; even though the enemy wouldn't be able to see her.

Worlds Away

A limousine travels down the streets of the city of much beauty; consisting of various lofty buildings and successful businesses. Every story has two sides, just as this city; arguably having the highest rates of crime. Three men sit in the back of the limo; one of them reading a magazine, while the other two look out the window.

"Any word from James? He said he'd call as soon as his people were finished."

"I'd wait as long as tomorrow; he's recently been answering to some guy who calls himself Professor Crane. Ever since he has done so, James has really been paying great attention to detail making sure everything is perfect. I wouldn't worry about it too much Travis; after all this is our night to do nothing but relax."

In the next second the Limousine comes to a complete stop in front of a club. Opening the door, the three of them get out together, with Ken being the one to give the driver a small tip for his services informing him they'll be about an hour or two.

"Alright…I'll see the three of you then." He says driving off.

Coming up in front of the entrance, the three show ID to get in. The place is a little more crowded than Ken was expecting, but shouldn't take away from their fun. The music is boomed up to a point that it would be difficult to hear if you tried to speak with someone across the room.

"You seem a bit tense Travis my man. But don't worry; I've got just the thing to calm your nerves."

Harold asks for them both to keep pace and follow him, which they both do. Advancing toward the middle of the room; Travis smiles at the sight of women pole dancing. Ken is the one to pull out a chair for him. Seeing that it is in the front row he doesn't think twice about it! When they told him it would be boy's night out, he had no idea it would be this good! Getting the attention of a brunette, Ken waves cash in her face.

"What is it you'd like?" She asks.

Travis observes Ken speaking with one of the women on stage, but can't hear what they're saying due to the loud music. A strike of electricity travels up his spine, noticing that she looks over in his direction displaying a seductive smirk. Hopping off stage she takes the few bucks from Ken walking over in front of Travis, taking a seat in his lap wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Just sit back and enjoy, you don't have to say a thing." She says starting off at a slow pace.

Both Ken and Harold give each other a high five laughing; poor Travis had no idea what was coming his way, but he'll be able to thank them later. Out on the dance floor, a woman winks at Ken. Patting Harold on the shoulder he says he'll be back in a few.

"Have fun pal; take as long as you want."

Walking clear across the room, Harold takes a seat on one of the stools in the bar area ordering himself a drink. Sitting in place for over ten minutes having a few drinks, Harold looks out onto the dance floor still seeing Ken with the same person. Taking a look over where Travis had been, he's nowhere in sight and neither is the dancer. A smile grows on his face, guessing he might be getting a little something extra in one of the back rooms.

"Not a bad night so far; I think all of us needed this."

Taking another sip of his drink, he almost wets his pants perceiving that of glass shattering from above. The music dies down just as quickly; everyone looking up to see a familiar caped individual gliding down and landing in the middle of the dance floor.

"What in the hell! It's BATMAN!" Someone says in the large crowd.

Yes this is Gotham City, the home to the Dark Knight; being the light in the darkness of this corrupt city. If there is one string/light of hope, it would come through him. Setting his lenses to scan mode; Batman looks around identifying two of the people he is in search for. Just as he walks toward the bar area, everyone hurriedly clears a path. Reaching out, Batman grabs hold of Harold by his shirt collar!

"Where is Scarecrow? Don't try and act like you don't know what I'm talking about; I've been on your trail for the last few nights." Batman says pulling him out of his chair.

At this point the music comes to a complete stop, with everyone's attention being on the caped crusader. Harold's mouth drops open with nothing coming out, not believing he found them.

"Let him go or I'll blow your head off." Ken says walking up behind the Dark Knight pointing a pistol at his head.

Steadily setting Harold back into his seat, Batman catches Ken off guard spinning around knocking the weapon out of his hand being KO'd by one punch. Trying to grab hold of him from behind; Batman backhands Harold in the face knocking him out as well. Much of the crowd cheers finding it to be entertaining; seeing the Dark Knight in action first hand is rare. Throwing Harold onto Ken, Batman again scans the area through his lenses, finding that Travis isn't far away.

"Excuse me." Batman says running past the huge group who now cheers, even though they have no clue why he took those two out.

The communications piece within his cowl begins to beep once again; that being the seventh time in the last hour. Being busy he's ignored it to the best of his ability. Kicking a door open which leads to a back room a woman sits in the lap of Travis who's tied up, both with locked lips. The woman immediately hops off him screaming at the sight of Batman.

"Leave now, your customer and I have something to talk about." Batman demands.

Not needing to be asked again she runs for the door a little bit terrified closing it behind her! Travis now realizes just how bad of a situation the act he was performing has put him in. All tied up and unable to reach his weapon, equals him being completely screwed.

"I'm going to ask you once…where's Scarecrow!"

It becomes apparent Travis wasn't trained very well in resisting, giving in quicker than most he's dealt with. Pulling out his grapple gun Batman exits out of the room and club through the way he entered returning to the cave using the bat plane in under twenty minutes. Removing the cowl from his face, Batman stands in front of the bat computer logging into his criminal files. In the next second, a huge light appears behind the caped crusader dying down soon after; someone standing in its place.

"It's nice to know you're alive Bruce. Why haven't you been answering your Justice League communicator?"

Hearing the familiar female voice, he turns in that direction staring at the princess of Themyscira A.K.A. Wonder Woman who crosses her arms frowning.

To Be Continue

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel