Weekly Fairy Tail: Ep. 122 - Let's Join Hands

Topic started by takashichea on March 24, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by takashichea (10,631 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Overview

Welcome to the weekly Fairy Tail report! This week is bit a strange with the reports. Sreenivas already has written episode 123's report. For consistency, let's catch up.

Plot

Let's Join Hands - "Te o Tsunagō" (手をつなごう)

Let's Join Hands
Let's Join Hands

Continuing from Cana and Gildartz's beautiful family reunion, Acnologia arrives to ruin Fairy Tail's peaceful moment. This wicked dragon is the scourge of humanity and wreaks havoc on the island. When Makarov holds Acnologia down, he tells his guild to retreat. Will Fairy Tail guild fight or run away?

Find out by watching Fairy Tail episode 122!

Verdict

Beware of spoilers!

Good

Damn Gray!
Damn Gray!
  • This episode have some humorous moments with potential love interests: Gray & Juvia and Elfman & Evergreen. It makes me wonder if Evergreen can change Elfman's personality in the near future. Juvia is so slick that Gray didn't realize he was sitting on her buttocks.
  • The combined attacks with Laxus's group and the Dragon Slayers' combined Roar combo is awesome and the animation flows smoothly.

Questions and Concerns

I didn't have much bad stuff to report. I did a questions and concerns section for it.

Fairy Tail Anime's Fate?
Fairy Tail Anime's Fate?
  • I had one question: would these two combo attacks count as a Unison Raid. The only problem is that no one state these combo attacks were Unison Raids. Every time a Unison Raid occurs, there is a character to confirm it.
  • Anime and Manga Pacing: Sreenivas and many fans pointed out that the anime is catching up to the manga. There is no hint of fillers yet to come in order to slow down the anime. I'm concern about the anime's future because it could suffer the same fate as many other animes who caught up too fast.

This episode marks the end of the S-Class Trial/Tenrou Island arc. Fairy Tail is entering a new arc, X791. It's a time skip event in Fairy Tail. This episode gets a four of out five.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for reading my team's reports. I thank my teammates for their hard work in the community.

For the weekly reports, my main wiki projects are Fairy Tail, Sket Dance, Beelzebub, and Guilty Crown. Sreenivas, my teammate for Fairy Tail and Beelzebub, has written One Piece and Naruto reports.

Wiki Progress: I'm updating Romeo, Bisca, and Alzack's time skip appearances under the evolution section. Also, I finished episode 121's wiki page.

For more info, check out the Fairy Tail wiki project and wiki vitae list.

This Week's Reports

Last Week's Reports

Takashichea

Team Fairy Tail and W.I.K.I. Nation

Post by Azman (5 posts) See mini bio Level 13

With out going into spoilers, there is a point coming up soon where they could insert some filler episodes with a slight change to how the manga handles a problem. In my opinion it would be better, the events and solution was pretty weak and lame.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

The holding hands part still bring me great rage (That and something else, make me stop read & watch Fairy Tail)

Post by takashichea (10,631 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Azman:

Yeah, that would be great.

@Destinyheroknight:

I find it strange how they just hold hands and wait for the inevitable. I'll keep watching Fairy Tail.

Feel free to discuss how you guys like or don't like about the time skip here or on Sreenivas's weekly report on episode 123.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel