Best way to get?

Topic started by Sanryd on April 12, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Sanryd (4 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Hey, I just started watching this show and was wondering what the best way to get it would be. I watched the first episode subbed and then to see which I like better I grabbed the dubbed version they have on iTunes and watched that. To my surprise (Only other anime I've watched a ton of is DBZ dubbed + some Kai), I liked the subbed version better so I came here to ask where to get it. I have a ton of iTunes gift card money on my account so I'm kind of sad they don't have the subbed version :(

Post by Dream (8,281 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
The first 48 episodes of the series are available subbed from Funimation via Hulu.

And while it may not matter much to you for now, Crunchyroll is streaming the most recent episodes of the series as well.

Beyond that, I can't post any other options here since they would involve illegal means.

@Dream said:

Beyond that, I can't post any other options here since they would involve illegal means.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that sort of thing. Would've already started downloading them if I was going that route :P

Thanks for the link, though. That'll be more than enough to get me started.

Also, sorry if this isn't really the place to be asking, but if I like this and DBZ do you have any recommendations of other shows I should check out? Thanks!

Post by takashichea (14,356 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Sanryd:

If you like, I could gift pass you the crunchyroll 48 hours free access. It's good to see some people getting into Fairy Tail. I have someone who is also using my passes, but she's busy with school to watch anime. She'll be okay with it.

Please check out JBog's Beginner Guide to Fairy Tail in the meantime.

Other recommendations if you like Shonen:

• Beelzebub - It's 60 episodes about a delinquent raising a baby demon lord to destroy humanity.
  • Blue Exorcist - It's about a teenage boy who goes to school to become the best exorcist. I can't tell you why without spoilers.

@takashichea: Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely give those a look.

As for the pass I would totally use it, but I have quite a bit of show to get through before I get to the episodes they're hosting if I'm looking at it right. When I do get to that point I'll have to ask you again if it's something that'll last a while and doesn't expire any time soon. I'm kind of wondering about how I'll get episodes at a certain point because it's an ongoing series. I have the 48 Hulu episodes to watch and now the newest ones on crunchyroll, but I'm not sure where I'll find the intermediate episodes... I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Sanryd: It's great to see more people getting into Fairy Tail. Right now it needs updating with new shows, but always check this thread for links to current anime, like Fairy Tail.

@Daniel_Newton: Oh wow, that's a fantastic list. Thanks a lot for the link!

Post by takashichea (14,356 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Sanryd:

Awesome! Give me a PM when you get to Crunchyroll's Fairy Tail.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel