Weekly Fairy Tail Manga: Ch. 334 - Sin and Sacrifice

Topic started by takashichea on June 9, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,808 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome to the Weekly Fairy Tail manga edition! I'm Taka, an Anime Vice wiki editor. You can also check out Katmic's review of the same chapter. My reviews are more neutral and wiki oriented since I promote the wiki pages. All comments are welcome here or the Fairy Tail Discussion (Manga) thread.

Plot

When Millianna stumbles upon Erza and Jellal, Ultear comes out and explains that Simon's death was on her own hands. Meanwhile, Sting joins present Rogue in the battle. Elsewhere, Gray and Lyon meet up with Juvia and Meredy. When Gray is about to tell Juvia something, he gets shot multiple times by the dragons.

Will Gray survive?

Verdict

Good

• Kagura's scene
    Kagura's scene
    Present Rogue regains his focus when Sting joined him. I would love to see these guys fighting together.
  • While Ultear gets a huge burden off her shoulders, she still holds regrets. How does this tie with Gray's scene in this chapter? I'm guessing she might make a sacrifice to save Gray maybe to atone for her sins. It's a wild guess after all chapter is named Sin and Sacrifice.
  • Kagura's scene demonstrates that she has come to terms. It was more convincing than Millianna's scene.

Bad

• The scene where Ultear explains to Millianna didn't feel finished. Those conflicts and hatred for Jellal cannot be forgiven that easily. I don't expect Millianna to forgive Jellal or put all her hatred on Ultear. She doesn't know Ultear well.
  • Juvia's distraction breaks the tension a bit before Gray gets shot. It didn't match up the flow of the chapter.

Overall, it's a great chapter with a surprise. Gray fans are left with a giant cliffhanger. I'm sure that Hiro Mashima won't be killing off Gray because it's not his style to kill off supporting characters. I'm familiar with his earlier works, Rave Master. I'm guessing Ultear and Meredy will have a big role with Gray in the near future. I'm hoping Gray and Ultear will have interaction.

Thank you for reading. Please support Fairy Tail legally when the manga or the anime comes out in your home country.

Wiki Progress

I still have lots of work with the manga chapters to go through. I've been preoccupied with Attack on Titan and the Gargantia wiki pages.

I welcome any help on the Fairy Tail wiki pages.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,675 posts) See mini bio Level 17

This chapter left me shocking.

First I like how Ultear came in and own Milliana and it is true, Ultear was the one who possessed Jellal and she was the reason of Jellal doing what he did. Kagura understand the situation and saw it was not Jellal's fault.

Second I hope Rogue doesn't become evil.

Third is the one were left me in a "WTF" expression because if how Gray gets shot! I don't want to see Gray go down since he is such an excellent character. I have a feeling that Juvia is gonna go berserk and fight back. If he dies not only will that happen but all of Fairy Tail will be pissed, especially Natsu since Gray is really close to him and they are like brothers.

I just hope Gray doesn't die.

@DBZ_universe:

I wonder why Gray protected Juvia. Isn't Juvia's body made of water? Unless those dragon's attacks nullified her abilities. I could be wrong.

I'm hoping Gray doesn't die, too.

Please wait until next week.You will be surprised.

— 真島ヒロ (@hiro_mashima) June 7, 2013

Didn't expect Hiro Mashima's surprise would be Gray in the upcoming chapter.

@takashichea: Juvia is immune to physical only not magic so it would affect her.

Well lets hope Gray does not die.

@DBZ_universe:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for clearing that up. Wendy or whoever healing him is going to have a big job because Gray got head shot. Also, others think Gray made an ice clone. Last time, I checked ice clones do not bleed blood.

@takashichea: Only Chelia can do the job since God slaying is superior to Dragon slayer.

Tho I doubt he can be saved since chunks of his body were blown off as well.

Unless he does what Ur did with replacing his body parts with Ice.

Also if he is dying then what if Acnologia show up and he does Ice shell and beats it?

@DBZ_universe:

If Gray was forced to, it could work. Though, the process of Ice Shell takes a while. Someone would need to buy Gray some time and hold Acnologia in one spot.

@takashichea: Jura an Jellal can do that I hope.

Tho I doubt that will happen.

What do you think if Milliana does fight Ultear?

@DBZ_universe:

I'm rereading the chapter again. I don't know. Millianna didn't get much panels to talk and express her feelings. She is shocked for sure. If Millianna does fight Ultear, Ultear would probably let her win due to her sin. Unlike Gray and Ultear's fight, Gray had something to prove that drove him to beat Ultear.

@takashichea: Also this might sound way off topic, but Ultear has big thighs! they rival Chun Li's... and sorry for that random comment.

but on topic. Do you think Rogue will kill Sting or not? I think not.

Post by katmic (338 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Rogue is the kind one, sting is the one most likely to kill him. we might find out later that the villain is future sting not future rogue. that would be an interesting twist. i do not know if we really know that god slaying magic is stronger than dragon slayer. hiro needs to clarify about it in the future. i am still certain that gray was an ice clone. otherwise i can see ultear dying to save him

@DBZ_universe:

Don't worry about it. I had the same thoughts about Ultear except it was about her butt.

@katmic:

Oh, that's possible. I always thought Sting would have killed Rogue given how emotional Sting was after Minerva made him think he lost Lector. Ultear's time magic and Meredy's Sense Link magic might work in combination to heal Gray.

@takashichea: That too.

Also Ultears time of Arc would be useless since it doesn't work on a living beings. I believe only the Celestial King can do such a feat since his time magic is better than Ul's

@DBZ_universe:

Oh shoot, I forgot. Still, I wonder how does Ultear would come into play since this chapter features her and Gray, sin (Ultear) and sacrifice (Gray).

@takashichea: Only Wendy, and Chelia can save Gray. But we gonna have to see if Ultear does play a role in this.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel