News: Fairy Tail Anime is Coming to End, March 30

Topic started by takashichea on March 2, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by takashichea (12,292 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome everyone! Hiro Mashima and Kodansha TV has announced on Friday that the Fairy Tail series will come to an end on March 30 with episode 175. The anime series first premiered on October 12, 2009. Its manga series is still ongoing.

For those who are new to Fairy Tail, here is a synopsis from ANN:

Lucy is a 17-year-old girl, who wants to be a full-fledged mage. One day when visiting Harujion Town, she meets Natsu, a young man who gets sick easily by any type of transportation. But Natsu isn't just any ordinary kid, he's a member of one of the world's most infamous mage guilds: Fairy Tail.

On Hiro Mashima's official Twitter account, he posted this statement on March 2nd.

Until the time comes, I cannot say something I've always wanted to say, even on Twitter. Please be patient and wait until the time comes for me to announce some good news.

What are your most fondest memories of Fairy Tail?

Twitter Fun

Please enjoy Hiro Mashima's sketches that he posts on his Twitter account.

Check out the character galleries for more Twitter Sketches that are uploaded by

Sources

Thank you for the news tip.

Thanks to my teammates who have worked hard on the Fairy Tail wiki project:

teammates

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

What!? This is very surprising, I thought Fairy Tail was very popular

Guess I will watch the last episode (wonder why they can it)

Post by bigz007 (1,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: That is 4 more episodes. I don't think that will be nearly enough to end this arc. They can't just end it like this.

@bigz007:

Yeah, it's bad that they will end it mid arc.

Post by Acura_Max (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 13

This is some shocking news. I hope that this is more of an intermission than a permanent end of the anime series.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I guess it's a good thing I started reading the manga recently, but this still really sucks. I'm enjoying the Grand Magic Games. The manga has the advantages of being uncensored/unaltered and filler-less, but the anime has a fantastic soundtrack that adds a lot of atmosphere.

I mean, I can just play the soundtrack while I read the manga, but it's not quite the same...

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

A true shame (since it seemed to be going so strongly and was doing well as a series). Well, like with Beelzebub, I have my fingers crossed that perhaps somewhere down the road (between 1 to 3 years from now) Fairy Tail can make a return to the world of anime.

Hmm...this now gives me a chance to catch up with FT, since I left off on Episode 12 last year and still have the show on my "halted, will resume" list.

It's going to feel so weird not watching Fairy Tail every week since it was the longest Shonen-like (well not shonen).

@ShadowKnight508:

You're right about that. Fairy Tail is going into Beelzebub's situation. Many good series just run out of ideas on how to stall. I'm not sure if Fairy Tail or Beelzebub will put on hiatus. Looking at Hiro Mashima's other anime series, Rave Master. It didn't reach pass 100 episodes. Fairy Tail is lucky. I remember reading Hiro Mashima's notes that he was going to end the manga series after the Erza arc.

I hope he doesn't end it mid arc. Plus, there's not a chance to insert a filler arc in the middle of this arc.

Sometimes, I wonder where Hiro Mashima is heading with the plot.

@Acura_Max:

Hey, I didn't know you were into Fairy Tail.

@Daniel_Newton:

I stopped the reading the manga after the anime started going into the Grand Magic Games. Looks I have to resuming reading after March.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea said:

It's going to feel so weird not watching Fairy Tail every week since it was the longest Shonen-like (well not shonen).

Huh? Fairy Tail is a shōnen series. But yeah, it will be weird. It took me a while to get used to not watching Bleach every week.

@Daniel_Newton:

I got mixed up on Shonen magazine and Del Rey. I meant to say shonen series.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Huh, Fairy Tail is going to be replace with a chibi show (Driland)

Why is all anime (and cartoons) are getting replace by chibi shows? First it was Bleach, then its Young Justice and now its Fairy Tail

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

If the anime is ending then I hope a decision is made to keep the series going with filler-less OVAs. I'd like the same to be done with Bleach (even though I'm still way back around ep 210). The cost would be less than keeping a series going and they could possibly make the episodes 45 minutes long and release every month or two.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I only read the manga for Fairy Tail, but from what I understand the anime was really really close to where the manga is so it's probably just the studio not wanting to make lots and lots of filler. and since the anime is "ending" and not being cancelled, I think it's fair to say that the anime will be back at somepoint.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

i guess this is what you expect when they make anime version of manga that is still ongoing. the anime and manga have different type pacing after all.

Thanks guys and gals for the support! I bet Annabanana would smile at this.

All good things come to end. I was fearing the same thing that happened to Beelzebub, Soul Eater, and countless anime series when Fairy Tail anime was getting to close to its manga counterpart.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping Hiro Mashima will give Fairy Tail anime a proper ending ever since Rave Master for the sake of the community who enjoyed Fairy Tail.

Hiro Mashima says Fairy Tail isn't over!

CR News Link

Fairy Tail is coming back for Spring 2014. I was embarrassed for writing such a sappy blog.

See Fairy Tail Anime is Back for Spring 2014.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel