Fairy Tail to receive Anime adaptation

Topic started by John_Martone on June 28, 2009. Last post by Nerx 5 years, 2 months ago.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Seriously, the summer season is barely at our door, and Fall is already there to upstage it. Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail , a fun and humerous shonen about a guild of eccentric mages, recently announced an upcoming anime adaptation. Combining the best parts of One Piece and Naruto, with none of the bad, Fairy Tail has been dying for an anime. A-1 Pictures ( Valkyria Chronicles ) and Satelight ( Macross Frontier ) have confirmed their involvement, and will be releasing the show this coming Fall.

Of course, I'm preaching to the choir, right? Most of you are probably well aware of the greatness of Fairy Tail . If not, for shame. Del Rey has published 6 (going on 7) volumes so far and you now probably need to go to the bookstore.

Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
EPIC WIN! I'm really excited for this :D
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
ah the Fall list to watch as started, that make 2 for me.
Post by Lance_McCloud (67 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Awesome! I only read the first few chapters but it was great and as a big One Piece fan I like the art style. I think I rather watch the anime then reading the manga like I planned to then. And the manga has been going for a while now so I guess we wont get any fillers for a while at the least. I have only watched half of Soul Eater so far, but I hear the second half isn't as good and didn't follow the manga as it caught up at that point.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
"Fairy Tail to recieve Anime adaptation"

From an elementary school rhyme:
"I before E, except after C, unless it sounds like A as in neighbor and weigh."

Sorry... I just love busting out that rhyme despite its flaws. =] I am a bad speller so I'm happy that Firefox has that thing that underlines words that are spelled wrong.

I'm quite excited for the anime adaptation. I've read a fairly good chunk of the manga.
Post by JackSukeru (402 posts) See mini bio Level 8
That does look an awful lot like One Piece. Well it seems awesome enough, I could try a few import copies I guess, seeing as it's not IMC.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKED for this
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Fairy Tail didn't strike me as particularly amazing, but it'll probably be a fun watch.
@RedRoses: Danke. I go to a support group for bad spellers, but as they say, relapse is a natural part of healing.

On the subject of Firefox checker: Occasionally I grow lazy because of it and often forget that the titles are strangely immune to that check.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@#$% yeah! but i hope they don't cut the episodes like Rave Master
Post by kiroshimatsu (94 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Looks interesting... Overall I'm looking forward to it. At first glance I thought it was by the same guy who did One Piece. Kind of strange how they look so similar.
@kiroshimatsu: Welcome to the club. Of course, that's in no way a bad thing, I enjoy One Piece's art style.
Anyone read the lastest chapter yet?
@Nerx: I have now. There's like... 0 chance he's actually dead, though I obviously hope otherwise.

Not because I want it to be super death laden, I just hate it when they have brave, yet moot gestures in these shonen.
Racer is actually a good character design
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel