Wiki Task: The Eyecatch Collection

Topic started by takashichea on Oct. 11, 2012. Last post by takashichea 3 months, 1 week ago.
Post by takashichea (12,667 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Hey!
Hey!

Howdy everyone!

We have a cool wiki page called Eyecatch which DestinyHeroKnight created a while ago. In the image gallery, we have tons of Pokemon, DBZ, a couple of new summer anime series, and more.

Right now, I'm collecting Sket Dance and some other series.

We need all wiki editors to submit eyecatches. Don't forget to organize them into galleries.

Thank you! Let's create the largest anime eyecatches collection here in Anime Vice.

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

very nice Idea, i usually upload these end cards to Animevice, i'll be sure to add some to the gallery

Online Now

@shels:

Thank you!

Online Now

Thank you guys for uploading the eyecatches!

Completed Eyecatch Collections

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia is completed on 9-16-2012.

Campione! is completed on 9-29-2012.

Completed Tari Tari as of 10-14-12.

Completed Astarotte's Toy on the same day as Tari Tari.

Post by Dekken (407 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Freezing is completed on 02-02-2013.

Online Now

@Dekken:

Wow, that's awesome! Thank you.

Edit:

I realized that I completed Guilty Crown back in April 26, 2012.

Post by MrXD (643 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Ok added Senran Kagura eyecatcher from Ep. 1 to 4. More will come later on.

Online Now

Updates

Finished Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! on February 10, 2013.

• Added Haganai Next's shots up to episode 5
  • Added Robotics;Notes up to episode 15
  • Added Mondaiji up to episode 4

@MrXD:

Thank you! These shots are just like Freezing.

Online Now

Highschool DxD

3-17-2013:

Daniel and I completed the first part of the eyecatch collection; however, the 2nd part is completed up to episode 8. After episode 8, the girls start showing some skin which is NSFW. HULU and Funimation have watermarks on their censored videos. It's unlikely we could finish this collection.

Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they?

Problem Children has both eyecatches and endcards. It was completed on March 17, 2013 as well.

Post by Dream (7,741 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Have a rather neat one with Victory Gundam. The series has two eyecatches per episode which are each an individual frame for an animation clip that involves a Haro growing to a size ridiculous enough to tower over the Earth. I don't have all the individual frames on me since it has been a while since I last seen the series. But here's an animated GIF containing the eyecatches used for episodes 11-15 of the show (click on the pic to see the animation):

This video clip below contains the full animated clip using all the individual frames used from the eyecatches seen throughout Victory Gundam.

Online Now

@Dream:

Oh cool! You can upload the GIF into the galleries. I know uploads a few Pokemon GIFs for the eyecatches.

Just added the GIF to the gallery page for the wiki. But how do you make a new gallery to make it series specific, in case I'm able to come across more pics with eyecatches?

Online Now

@Dream:

Oh, you can make a gallery called Victory Gundam for that image since we got a few gundam galleries.

That's not what I meant. I can't seem to find a means in the gallery for Eyecatches so I can make a series-specific gallery for my Victory Gundam pic. I'm not finding anything for the Edit Images option except to either delete images or add any existing images in the gallery to any series galleries that currently exist.

Online Now

@Dream:

I added your GIF to a new gallery called Victory Gundam. It must be a glitch in your web browser. Mozilla Firefox does not show the options for gallery unless you save and refresh the work. Then, the options will appear. If you use Google Chrome, the options will appear right at the start. If you're using Internet Explorer, none of the options will appear.

Oh, please use the reply button. I'm not a mean person. I want to help you guys.

Online Now

I forgot I had all of the Sword Art Online endcards.

Post by Acura_Max (2,349 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Here are the eye catches for Robotics;Notes

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hey, remember how annoying it was when we had to leave the High School DxD eyecatch collection incomplete because of nudity? Well I've come up with a solution. Check it out:

The uncensored images are uploaded to the anime series page, and because it's tagged as an "adult" series, the images don't show up on Google searches. The censored images are uploaded to the Eyecatch page, with links to the uncensored images.

And because I now have censored thumbnails, I can insert the images on the episode pages like this. What do you think? This way we can have complete sets of eyecatches for everything.

Oh, and I replaced the old set with a fresh set in high resolution, just in case you were wondering!

Online Now

@Daniel_Newton:

You come up with the best solutions. I could never think outside the box. Plus, the watermarks are a real nuisance on HULU and FUNimation.

We finally have a complete collection. Whoo, awesome job, Daniel!

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Thanks, don't give me too much credit though. I usually get half of my ideas from things you say or suggest, like the episode infoboxes.

Anyway, I finished another set.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel