Wiki Task Queue Theme Suggestions

Topic started by ethan on June 20, 2011. Last post by takashichea 3 years ago.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
This wiki article needs some work.
This wiki article needs some work.

This is the official thread to talk about what we -- as a wiki community -- should focus on. Anime plot summaries, character pages, franchise articles should all be discussed here.

If you don't know what our Wiki Task Queu is then check it out. It's a great way for mods/staff to assign special bounty points to wiki pages that need help. Occasionally we create a theme for a whole week; filling the wiki task queue with tons of wiki pages that are related. For example, we did a Fairy Tale theme week and in one week we got tons of pages written or fixed up.

So first think about what types of Anime you and the community love, then discuss what sections of the wiki we can all pounce on for one week.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17
so glad to see this up, at long last! :D
ok, there's a few pages I could suggest that could need a cleanup or so. for example: 

• Victorique (Gosick)-  for the female protagonist of the show, there really isn't that much said about her 
  • Akane Tendo (Ranma 1/2) - ditto as above 
  • Genma Saotome - Needs more info
  • Lt Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina , Blaine (Pokemon)- There's a little bit written on them in manga, but not much, and it could need cleaning up. there's also nothing from their Manga roles, which are quite different from what they do in the anime.
  • Mega Man NT Warrior - the cover info could use cleaning up, hiding of spoilers, and written with better balance. also Episodes needs filling in. on a similar note..
  • Lan Hikari - needs filling in
  • MegaMan.EXE - firstly, the name needs changing from Megaman to MegaMan.EXE. also, there needs some info to be filled out.
  • you could say the same thing for these guys - Roll (should be renamed Roll.EXE), Maylu, Yai, Glyde, Dex, Gutsman (should be GutsMan.EXE), Chaud, ProtoMan (should be renamed ProtoMan.EXE)

there, that should be a good start.
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

how about video game theme? there are anime that are base on video games such as Persona 4

tales of

actually you know what? is there concept page for anime that are based on video games?

Post by takashichea (10,935 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Maybe we should focus on the newer animes: Stein;Gate, Deadman Wonderland, Angel Beats, and more. Because of my suggestions were older anime (Shaman King, D. Gray-Man), no one could fill them out since they cannot remember.

@buhssuht:

I agree that we should also do video games such as Kingdom Hearts and others.

Ethan: I try to help out if my wiki projects do not get in the way. For the newer animes, I can never watch them in the same year but later (about 2 years or more).

Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Hmmm, let's see here.  

• Monster. I know you have posted some stuff for Monster already but I figure a more expansive look would be good, additional characters to be made, episodes to be editted, etc. 
  • Eureka Seven. Again, a lot of characters posted and nothing for their wiki pages. 
  • Love Hina. I figure it's best to just throw some other titles out.
  • eX-Driver. Something I tried to start but it kinda fell through the cracks. 
How do those sound? I know sickVisionz did a ton last year where he just put up Wiki Tasks for episodes of Naruto. Maybe something similar can be done for a different Shonen anime. 

@Wales:

I remember reading a feminist's comment on Anime Vice's demographic. Even though there are more female viewers for anime in America, Anime Vice has a underrepresentative female population (lower than Giantbomb and ComicVine).

I did do a demographic blog where I compared Giantbomb to Anime Vice last semester ago. It is not pretty or detailed like other blogs.

A solution would be opening wiki tasks on female preferred animes to increase more new user turnout rate (any gender). I don't know much about these animes to tell you the truth. I used to worked on Implied Sex Scenes episodes for my concept page after many users like FoxxFireArt, Dream, Dekken, and Shels who have given many hints. Most of these anies that I found are romantic based.

On that implied Sex Scene page, I remember two animes that had characters and episodes that needed work.

I'm not offending you Wales, but I trying to suggest some "shoujo" themes. Yet, I admit I am not a romantic or a shoujo man.

Please, anyone suggest anymore anime, old or new, shonen or shoujo, and seinen or josei.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@takashichea said:

Maybe we should focus on the newer animes: Stein;Gate, Deadman Wonderland, Angel Beats, and more. Because of my suggestions were older anime (Shaman King, D. Gray-Man), no one could fill them out since they cannot remember.

I think this is a good idea. These can be a lot easier to manage as the series is still airing so it's not like one or two people have to tackle a huge epic backlog of content. If one person can do an episode per week, the series can stay up to date as it comes out.

@sickVisionz said:

@takashichea said:

I think this is a good idea. These can be a lot easier to manage as the series is still airing so it's not like one or two people have to tackle a huge epic backlog of content. If one person can do an episode per week, the series can stay up to date as it comes out.

I agree with sickVisionZ with this. Let make some groups and tackle the newer animes out there. I have to go watch the new animes after finishing up some Rave Master and Shaman King business.

@takashichea said:

@sickVisionz said:

@takashichea said:

I agree with sickVisionZ with this. Let make some groups and tackle the newer animes out there. I have to go watch the new animes after finishing up some Rave Master and Shaman King business.

I got a good grip on Blue Exorcists' episodes with the help of my team members from Fairy Tail. I will doing Blue Exorcist new episodes every late Wednesday. I probably ignore the characters since I have summer school.

We need more hands on the newer series like Control C. and the newer series. Please guys add something like an image or a character. Every bit counts.

My team are already multitasking on multiple franchises. I will make a team speech like a friendship speech or something to get new people.

Edit: If you want evidence, here you go.

• Annabanana - Fairy Tail and Beelzebub
  • Fire_Star - Rave Master and Soul Eater
  • Obscurefan - Bakuman
  • Obsidian609 - Blue Exorcist, Control C, and some others
  • Takashichea - Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, Shaman King (postpone), and Rave Master (finished)
  • Wales - Bakuman and IGPX

Reviewers

Jbog - active Journalist on Fairy Tail (Newten is the head of this department) and Blue Exorcist.

The rest of the reviewer's guild are helping each other and getting the word out.

Edit:

I'm sorry I forgot you guys.

• Buhssuht - Bounty tasks b/c he is a bounty hunter
  • Dekken - Seikon no Qwaser and History's strongest Disciple
  • Halbierdierv2 - Gosick
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel