Wiki Task Initiative: Villains

Topic started by ethan on April 12, 2011. Last post by Fire Star 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff

Hey, write about me already!
 Hey, write about me already!
Just like Comic Vine and Screened, we're focusing our wiki task queue on Villains for a couple of weeks.  If you've never edited a wiki page or submitted images to a character gallery, this is a great time to start.  Villains are the dudes and dudedettes we love to hate, right?  If you want to see your favorite bad guys added to the wiki task queue, just shout them out in the comments below.  

Some of the important things that need doing:
  1. Write character articles when blank.
  2. FIX articles so they follow our style guide
  3. Remove duplicate/grainy/crappy/tiny images from character galeries (We just want the good ones)
  4. Add descriptive captions to images in the gallery.
  5. Create missing characters, and attach them to the anime/manga they are in.

Please read our Wiki Style Guide to learn how to organize articles and to get a list of example articles that follow our format.  

First 1/2 of April.   Anime Vice members who have closed the most tasks
 First 1/2 of April.   Anime Vice members who have closed the most tasks

And if you have a hankering for comic books or movies, we're focusing on characters over at Comic Vine and Screened too.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I will look into this after I knock most of my homework and the majority of my Maid Bride/ Honey Blonde Wiki task. I look forward to contributing quality content for AnimeVice xD
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17
my jaw dropped... Ima actually in a stat! pity one of my edits didn't really happen due to me not having time, but still.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Halberdierv2:  Congrats on making the top 10 of this stat
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19
i just realized im in the chart. yay
Staff
@ShadowKnight508: @Halberdierv2: @EganTheVile1: @buhssuht: 

Thanks guys for helping on the wiki task queue.  If there are villains you think we can do a better job on and are not in the queue let me know.  Anime Vice is ready to step it's wiki up this year.   Do you think we could have articles as filled out as Comic Vine?
@ethan: given time, and the fact that  i have summer soon, i can get a lot of pages sorted out without a hassle. what we need to do as well is get people who do the page combining/deleting back up to speed, which would help immensely.
Staff
@Halberdierv2 said:
" @ethan: given time, and the fact that  i have summer soon, i can get a lot of pages sorted out without a hassle. what we need to do as well is get people who do the page combining/deleting back up to speed, which would help immensely. "
We can work on the delete/combines more.  We just need more wiki editors all together which means we need to reach new users.  And the way to reach new users is to have really well organized wiki articles.  Good wiki articles will show up in google search, thereby sending us new people who might become wiki editors too.  It takes time.   None of us can do it alone.   But together, and with some time and organization, ahhh!
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@ethan: I think it's only possible for certain series or character. For example some character only appears for two or three episode and you can't really write a huge article for those type of character. Characters on ComicVine on other hand they have been around for more than decade such as Spider-man or superman.

p,s Naraku could use some work
Staff
@buhssuht: I agree Anime/Manga have more small characters then do Comics.  But they have enough big ones we can do a great job on that people search for on google.
@ethan:  I wouldn't mind taking care of the delete requests myself, if I were able to.

a glitch I noticed recently that might have to require a delete is if  I add an episode to an anime that is out of the order, it doesn't show on the list. for example, a few days ago, I added episode 202 for Gintama to the wiki, but since previous numbering stopped at 176, it didn't show up, and I also wonder if by the time I fill the episode pages to 202, will that page I made still be there, or will it require deletion?

also, Shishio needs some attention.
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Char Aznable could really do with some attention as well. If he isn't too important to fail, then I don't know who is.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I've definitely been meaning to do more writing, been so preoccupied with adding appearances to episodes that I never get to it, I did write a lot on a few pages though (Starscream, Megatron, Makeshift, VT, Wen and a few others) maybe I'll motivate myself to contribute heavier to character articles... unemployed right now so I may as well help the site a little more
Staff
@Halberdierv2:  I added   Shishio thanks!

@Count_Zero:  Char Aznable has been added

@EganTheVile1: Cool, thanks for working on those pages.  Appearances are important, but the articles are even more so.
Staff
Awe yah, I love seeing this!

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Great idea ! I'll certainly be browsing through Vice looking for some Villians needing attention !

Okay, got a start on my list so far.

Queen Beryl - quite a major character in Sailor Moon in Season 1, I'm suprised it isn't a larger wiki entry. Certainly needs some work just to get in adequate information.

Ozai - the major villian in the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, needs more information in general.

Kaolinite- a more minor character in the Sailor Moon series, still could use some work though.

Shaina - very important character in Saint Seiya, needs a larger article.

Cassios - another Saint Seiya character who could use some more information.

Eriol - Major "villian" in Card Captor, needs some work done to it, meaning a larger article.

Sailor Galaxia - Not a major villian of Sailor Moon, but it could still use soem more information. "Needs a larger article" would be an adequate request for this character.

All of these also need to be organized according to the Wiki Style Guide. I'll be adding more soon too, this is the start though.

Staff
@fire_star: This list is great.  Thanks!  Keep em coming.

Also, the queue of pending tasks is awesome!

@ethan:
No problem, I enjoy helping out !
Post by Wales (133 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@ethan I bet you are satisfied with the amount of people who are working of the Villian's Initiative. Frankly, its a great way to get people active. I forgot how fun it was to edit this site.

By the way, when nominating characters for a Wiki Task, do we need to say what it is we think should be done with the page?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel