Wiki Main Image Rule

Topic started by ethan on June 2, 2010. Last post by Dream 2 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
The MAIN IMAGE of a Anime should be the Poster Art or the DVD Box cover for the anime.   

• It should NOT be just a random picture from the anime.  
  • Ton's of points to be had uploading proper images.   
  • Anyone with over 5000 points can set the default image for you!  
  • If you can't set the image yourself, just comment below, give us the link to the Anime and a link to the right image.
  • We'd want the US release posters by default.  Then if that does not exist, we go to the foreign release posters.   

Check out the Anime Movie and Anime Series to see what needs to be fixed.

Can't change the image yourself yet? Leave a request in the new image change request thread!
Post by Sonata (35,638 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Cool uploading Images is what I do best:P
Staff
@Sonata said:
" Cool uploading Images is what I do best:P "
Cool!  This is the same rule we have on Screened, Comcvine and Giantbomb.  The main image should be an official poster or box art.  We just never enforced it here on AV.  Time for us to get organized!  :)
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@ethan: 
I have one for you  

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou      
anime
@Destinyheroknight: Done:)
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Sonata:
Thank you
Staff
@Destinyheroknight:

@Sonata: Usually the correct image will have the title of the show on it.  Like this... 

@ethan: Alright I'll look for the real cover for that series:)

EDIT: Although the series DHK is using hasnt had a US release yet.
Staff
@Sonata said:
" @ethan: Alright I'll look for the real cover for that series:)  EDIT: Although the series DHK is using hasnt had a US release yet. "
We'd want the US release posters by default.  Then if that does not exist, we go to the foreign release posters if we can find them.  
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Every time that I add an image for an episode (the one that shows up on the main page for the episode) it changes  the series pic and I have to go back and switch it back to the old one.  That glitch probably leads to a lot of incorrect main images.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,648 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Something I've had difficulty with. There was once I accidentally posted one image from one episode onto a different episode. It is stuck as the primary image on both those episodes.

My Bride is a Mermaid Episode #2 
I accidentally posted the image for this episode onto Episode #3

My Bride is a Mermaid Episode #3 
I erased it from the Episode 3 folder in the Images, but THIS picture of the character wont come off of that episodes page. It should only be on Episode #2.

I've been trying to fix this for a while, but with no luck.
Staff
@sickVisionz: @FoxxFireArt:  
Guys I'll get this all fixed up velly soon!
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,648 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@ethan: 
I know you can do it!
Post by willyvereb (5,939 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I think we should allow screenshots though. There are cases when they certainly look better than the limited number of DVD covers and alike. 
Anyways, I am over 5k points and still can't change the main wiki images. Can someone explain me how to do it. It may have changed with the new update(s).

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it and already doing my little crusade to purify fanarts and similar.:)
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,250 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Guys just to let you know I posted a brand new thread for requesting image changes, please leave requests there and not here! Thanks!

Request an image change here.
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Thank for the information.  What about charater pages.
Staff
@N15PCA said:
" Thank for the information.  What about charater pages. "
Characters should have the most recent version of the character.  
Post by takashichea (13,858 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

This image rule is vague and outdated. What I'm saying to my new wiki editors when I approve and deny their images are not listed in the rules.

• No watermarks should be allowed
  • All text should be cleaned off manga scans.
  • Anime Screenshots must be attached to the episode galleries as top priority to eliminate dupes.
  • Official Art Work like calendars or magazine scans should be added to the franchise's gallery.
Post by takashichea (13,858 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Dumb question, but do cosplay photos belong to the franchise gallery? I was approving some yesterday that went to the character gallery for Chi Chi and Goku. Then, today, I notice some of them went to the franchise page after approving them. I forgot to check. Before I moved them, I had to ask you first.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,250 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: Cosplay galleries are created automatically for new franchise pages, so yes, cosplay photos can be added there.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel