Wiki Editors.... Vote for your pages

Topic started by ethan on July 13, 2011. Last post by Aleasha 10 months, 1 week ago.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff

Hey editors if you have a Facebook or a Gmail account then stop what you're doing! Just stop. Put down that energy drink. Push the bowl of ramen away. Then head to any of the top wiki pages that you poured your knowledge and time into and vote for it. Clicking "+1" and "Like" helps tell Google and Facebook, "Hey this is a great page and you should show it higher in your search results".

And then both those sites will share your wiki pages with new users. That's the gist anyway. Ready to vote?

Your guys love Fairy Tail, why you no vote?
Your guys love Fairy Tail, why you no vote?
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,357 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@ethan: Sounds great, Ethan. Now we can promote our pages to Facebook and the other media sites so that our followers on those sites can now take a look at our hard Wiki work.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Awesome idea ! Will certainly use this tool !

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,243 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I gathered that was what the +1 thing was for, that's kinda cool.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,647 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I did the +1 and Facebook for my pages Saeko Busujima, Makinami Mari Illustrious (which is #2 in Google search), and Black Lagoon (franchise page).

@ethan:

The Saeko profile needs more +1s. This profile is the most complete for this character on any other fan page out there on the net. She's a popular character form the HOTD series. If you Google search for her name, the first page is filled with pages with almost no information.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

should we start something like wiki of month feature where everybody sees the wiki to judge how good it is and starting vote for it?

Post by takashichea (13,756 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Uh... I still keep my Anime Vice life private from my facebook and friends. I guess I have to reveal my strange hobby/ wiki addiction and this site to them if I hit the "like" button.

Edit: What about my family? My parents found out this week about my addiction. Should have worked on Friday morning. Still working on AV.

Hmm. I got some comments on my FB post. Mostly positive ones. Some never heard of Shaman King, yet they watch FoxBox in the old days. What the hell?

Post by Fat_Magnum (2,493 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Sure, I am now able to understand the pride taken in wiki editing since I wrote a bit on a character from C, I want to fill out some more pages now =P

It turns out I got some support! Some of my friends want to go on Anime Vice. Thank you Fairy Tail and this cool feature on AV. Thank you Ethan. Hopefully, I have a big team or a coalition that will help Anime Vice. [If they have time since college is a huge time consumer] This will make everyone's life easier. Facebook team!!! :)

@Rockingham:

Do it! :) If you still need help with the formatting, ask FireFoxxArt, Fire_Star, me, or the team. Try to get a partner because it will make more enjoyable unless you prefer going alone. You never know your facebook pals want to join in.

Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff

@buhssuht said:

should we start something like wiki of month feature where everybody sees the wiki to judge how good it is and starting vote for it?

Yes. Do you want to start it?

Everyone!

Hit Like or G+1 on your franchises. I'm hitting Like on my favorite shows that I'm working on with my teams. It'll help Anime Vice.

Show Some Love!

Post by Aleasha (1,430 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I don't have this option? You think it has to do with my browser?

@Aleasha:

Oh, sometimes it's there. Hold on, let me do a screenshot. When you freshly create a thread, the Google thing pops up. It's on your lists, too. I believe. Let me check fast.

@takashichea: K yeah so far I haven't seen it on any pages or I would have been doing this a long time ago lol.

@Aleasha:

Weird, I thought it was on one of the wiki pages. I check the threads, too. Ethan was our old staff. He left the community without a word after the Whiskey Media schism. I think those features were turn off long ago.

See

@takashichea: lol I was wondering so this is a outdated thread then lol

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel