Wiki 101 Guide: Location Pages

Topic started by takashichea on Nov. 12, 2013. Last post by takashichea 8 months ago.
Post by takashichea (10,622 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Hello everyone, I'm Taka, your neighborhood wiki editor.

This morning, I posted the One Piece Discussion (Manga), and as I was browsing the One Piece wiki to make a theme for wiki tasks, I notice the franchise has a wealth of location pages. I decided to go with the One Piece World Tour Bounty Project!

I was wondering how can wiki editors, new and old, help out fill out these location pages. On the Anime Vice Wiki Style Guide, the location just needs an overview as an H2 header. Ambiguity leads to stronger and flexible guide. I decided to post some basic outline for the One Piece location pages

Overview

• include key characteristics of the inhabitants such unique customs, traits, and clothing.
  • include a general story arc -Example: when did Luffy and his crew visit the location and for what reason? Was there a massive conflict?

FAQ

• Q: Do we need to add a character section?
  • A: No, it's not needed. It's a bit redundant since we have a character subpage on the location page. You can fill that out but with general details.
  • Q: Do we need to add a creation section?
  • A: No, it's redundant since you have a general infobox.
  • Q: How much details do we put in the history/story arc section?
  • A: It depends on much time is spent in that location for the storyline. If it's a brief pit stop in our protagonist's adventure, three sentences should suffice.

Thank you. If you need help, please drop a comment or ask the mods or the veteran wiki editors in our community. I will be happy to assist you.

Related Pages

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel