Who wants to be a MOD?

Topic started by ethan on Jan. 8, 2010. Last post by Little_Sparrow 4 years, 7 months ago.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
Looks like we might need some more help.  If you would like to be considered for a modship... 
  1. Tell me why you should be a mod.
  2. Have another AV member vouch for you.
Next week we will make a decision on selecting a new mod(s)! 
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Do you mean Wiki mods or Forum mods?
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I nominate Sonata or cfatalis for moderator
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Kelleth: I second that nomination. 

ND
@Chengy: No doubt both
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Kelleth said:
" I nominate Sonata or cfatalis for moderator "
Big up
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@Chengy said:
" Do you mean Wiki mods or Forum mods? "
Either, both.  Would like to hear what the you guys want to do and why.
@ethan: Well I'd certainly like to be a forum mod. I have a tendency to inform new users of the rules in the forums when they disobey one and I also try to prevent flame wars from occurring in the threads. Of course I do this when there is no mod online to inform them of the rules and most of the time when I find a duplicate thread I PM a forum mod in advance asking them to lock it. And when other users begin launching insults to AnimeVice's sister sites I politely tell them not to do so stating that nothing good can come of it.

ND
Post by Sublime (222 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I nominate Newdeath as a forum moderator.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Kelleth said:
" I nominate Sonata or cfatalis for moderator "
eh, why me? sure i have been modding before, although me being online nearly everyday may have something to do with it
@cfatalis: And you lose logic better then me :P
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Sublime: I second this.  I personally think we need more forum moderators for the night hours.  Since I have a goofy sleep schedule, I'm up late and sometimes see some trolls during the night/early morning hours.
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I wouldn't mind being a moderator. I'm usually always active on Vice and Giant Bomb (even though I do not post as much on the Vice). I'm always following the rules and i'm generally very kind to everyone, even people who aren't.. as nice as they should be. I would make a fine moderator because i will be online very often (like I always am) and i'll try to do my best! 

I also second newdeath as a mod. 
@Newdeath: In that regard i`ll third it :)
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I guess I wouldn't mind doing it either.  Well, I wouldn't mind being a forum moderator.  I don't want to be a Wiki mod with my current knowledge as it's not the greatest right now.  I would be one of those guys that looks a submission and says "Looks good to me" and let it pass by.  I'm active on this site every day and Giant Bomb as well (I have way to many posts over at GB).  Like I mentioned before I'm on at night a lot (2am to 4am usually).  If I don't become a mod, that's cool.  I'll still come over the Anime Vice and do my thing; listen to the Squadcast, write my Anime reviews, etc.
@Kelleth: Oh thanks. 

ND
@Newdeath: But only if we can have 2 new mods we need some mods on the American timescheme since a huge part of the mod crew either live in Europe or Great Brittain
@Kelleth: Alright then. 

ND
Post by Sonata (35,338 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'm usually on the site 10am-5pm on weekdays American eastern time then back on at nights around 11pm- 2amXD
Post by Kas (1,178 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Since majority are talking about forum moderation, I'll just go ahead and talk about the need for more wiki mods. Maybe I'm being a bit of a taskmaster for this, but on certain volumes that are under Viz Media I really don't want to see a japanese cover right next to an american one. If someone must have both won't it be easier to have the japanese versions of any series under Shueisha, then maybe a hindu language under whatever company translates for India and so on, and so on. I would personally like a mod that wouldn't mind doing little tedious things.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel