What Counts as Anime and Manga in the Wiki

Topic started by takashichea on Oct. 9, 2013. Last post by takashichea 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by IndridCold (1,005 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@takashichea: Thank you, also the search engine is something that must be fixed.

And an off topic question: is there a thread about creating your own anime/manga? If so may you please guide me to it?

Post by takashichea (10,650 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@IndridCold:

Yeah, the community needs a lot of fixing especially in the wiki system. It has always been that way.

If you're talking making a wiki page, you first check if it's in the database (use aliases, Romanized names, and official translated names). If it's not, go to the navigator bar. Hover above wiki and click on "Anime Series" or "Manga."

Then, click on Add New Manga or Anime series button.

With Screened ending on March 14, 2014, the wiki scope is widened. You can work on shows that have anime influences. Go wild. Let me know if you need help.

Thank you and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea said:

With Screened ending on March 14, 2014, the wiki scope is widened. You can work on shows that have anime influences. Go wild. Let me know if you need help.

Thank you and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll repeat what I just said in the other thread so you guys see it:

Don't include "anything" but I think it's safe to say we can hold onto the almost-anime shows for now, like RWBY, Korra, etc.

We don't want to start filling the wiki with random Saturday morning American cartoons or anything.

@Daniel_Newton:

Sorry about that. Heh, I should be clearer and more calm with my comments.

@Daniel_Newton:

I have a question. Do we allow Xiaolin Showdown since worked on it? I did delete some of the pages back in fall.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I don't really think we should add any western stuff we don't already have in the wiki. He would be better off backing up his work and going to Xiaolinpedia.

@Daniel_Newton:

Okay, sounds good. I'll let you know if I have trouble with other wiki editors. Almost done transferring work. Korra is done. Supernatural - I'm checking the pages including VA. RWBY is done since BigHeart711 and I only work on Ruby Rose.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel