Unable to rename or add japanese titles, romanji and dates.

Topic started by Obsidian609 on April 2, 2010. Last post by Obsidian609 4 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Obsidian609 (260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Like the message says above. I am adding this because the last few months I added episodes and they came up as episode 0 instead of their actually episode number.
Post by DocHaus (928 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Yeah, the "edit" button disappeared completely from the anime/manga series lists. I wonder if anyone's working on that at all?
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Obsidian609: @DocHaus: What are you guys referring to? I can change the Kanji in the two manga series i went to.

Also, where are you not finding the edit button?
Okay on a anime series page there was a edit button on the top right of the page that's let's you change the episode name, and add the kanji, romanji and dates for that episode.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@John_Martone:  @Obsidian609 said:
" Okay on a anime series page there was a edit button on the top right of the page that's let's you change the episode name, and add the kanji, romanji and dates for that episode. "
This and the old editing feature for episodes is gone even for moderators so one type mistake on one episode name an your screwed.
@Kelleth:  Will you guys ever bring it back?
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Obsidian609: I`m a moderator not a staff member
OK I quess we wait then until the staff returns this ability for everybody.
Post by DocHaus (928 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@John_Martone:  Yes, you can edit titles and kanji/romanji for entire series, but as far as I've seen you can't do it for individual shows of an anime. While you can go in the list and add episodes, you can't edit the names of each episode like you could before. There are still some episodes of anime that have placeholder names (i.e. " Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou 01" instead of "The Demon King Is Born!") and we can't edit them once they've been entered into the system.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Obsidian609: @DocHaus:  Okay, so I took care of Ichiban Urshiro no Daimaou #1. We can edit it in the scary back of the house. Though I wouldn't even begin to presume to know when/if the feature will get back added.

That said, at the very least "I" can edit them, so like with the dupes, whenever you find a couple that need changes, just group them together and send them to me.

An additional plus is that you can't submit stuff in the back of the house unless it has a Japanese name and kanji, so those'll get added. Well, its sort of a plus, I had to look it up ^_^
OK
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel