The Guide to Capturing Images

Topic started by Wales on June 29, 2011. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by takashichea (12,242 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@AURON570:

I think it can only re-size the image. I tried the mutiple batch feature and learn that it can color stuff and re-size but not crop.

@sickVisionz:

What program crops the image? It's not photoscape unless I cannot find the feature in it. Forgive me for being a noob.

Edit: Photoscape can crop one image at a time. For the multiple batch feature, it can crop vertically and horizontally. However, the multiple batch feature cannot let you select which area to crop freely.

Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I use PRT SCRN ( http://www.fiastarta.com/) that cuts out steps 2,3,4 and 5 if set to do it automatically.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,898 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Nice guide! I normally use Gimp for screencapping, but I'm sure there are much better programs for such a thing.
Post by Dekken (391 posts) See mini bio Level 20
When I capture images of an anime I prefer to download the High Quality raw of the episode and use my Media Player Classic to take the Screenshots by pressing Alt+I. It's really useful because the screenshot is saved in JPG format, with it's original resolution (neither bigger, nor smaller) and the image receives a title that contains the original name of the video (which helps you to always know which screencap corresponds to each episode).

Sometimes instead of a raw I use a HQ version of the episode from my favorite Fansub, but I have to take the screenshot in the correct moment to avoid subtitles. Nevertheless there are some fansubs that release their anime episodes with subtitles that aren't attached to the video, so, when you take a screencaps with Media Player Classic  the subtitles never appear. 

Regards!!! xD
Post by Toxin45 (337 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I'm trying to get images for Hellsing OVA 8 and I need to use that.
Post by takashichea (12,242 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Sorry for bumping this:

Here is a diagram of a keyboard if you want to find out where the Print Capture button is located. It's usually above the number pad.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel