Spam Accounts

Topic started by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto on Sept. 13, 2011. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18

As recommended by Ethan, one of the few and the brave who help maintain this site, I am starting up a thread for users to link spam accounts to so moderators and staffers alike can have them deleted in a jiffy. So if you spot one, don't hesitate to put it here. Oh, and one last thing...

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Good luck, I mean we see them all the time, but until WM starts using captias I dont see any end to spam account generation

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Thank you for bringing this up. I have personally already banned one such spam-user today for posting watch ads/promotions as blog posts today. It is time that we get tough on those who seek to pollute AnimeVice and Whiskey Media with their "ad-spam".

Remember to be vigilant for any suspicious posts that fall in one or more of the categories below:

1. Promotes the services of outside sites (Usually come with links to said site, showcases prices and deals, or tells you where to go)

2. Promotes items/goods/products that are not relevant to AnimeVice or Whiskey Media.

3. Features a ton of typos, bad grammar, unnecessary symbols/icons, and odd spacing between words & paragraphs.

When you do find such a example, please report it to us so that we can deal with it in the most effective manner possible.

Thanks,

ShadowKnight508

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@EganTheVile1 said:

Good luck, I mean we see them all the time, but until WM starts using captias I dont see any end to spam account generation

Note: I hate captcha, so I am hoping WM doesn't have one , and instead have a better registration screening

Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ShadowKnight508: @cfatalis:

Amen to that on both counts.

I report obvious spammers, and have a sense of paranoia when posting sometimes (is this spam or news?) but I guess innocent mistakes VS blatant spam are obvious (shoes for da da da, shirts for whatever, and so on)

Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11

There are too many pinned topics to this forum so I won't pin this one, but let's try to keep it on top so users can see it at all times.

Post by takashichea (13,214 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@ShadowKnight508: @Black_Rose:

This forum thread can be a potential crime blotter. Changed that to spam blotter. That way we can report stuff and show how serious we are. It's time we get rid of these parasites.

Post by Voxel (179 posts) See mini bio Level 11

You could just send a PM to the mods. They would see it much faster that way.

@natetodamax: Ethan himself recommended that this thread be created in this forum so that we could link the accounts here... and have the mods blow some shit up with those damned spammers.

I got one. Suspect's account is Tonyly and joined in Sept. 18, 2011. Ads are mostly about boutiques and fly.

@takashichea said:

I got one. Suspect's account is Tonyly and joined in Sept. 18, 2011. Ads are mostly about boutiques and fly.

suspect? SUSPECT? a spammer only need one spam to be regarded as one, flag him wherever he goes

@cfatalis:

Well, I couldn't flag his blogs, but only the comments and blog posts on the forums.

@takashichea: well no one can flag blogs, we can only flag the posts inside of that blog. Keep doing this, the mod have to come online at one point

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

This thread is a pretty cool idea.

ND

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@takashichea: @cfatalis: Thank you for bringing this user to my attention, for he has been dealt with and handed down a permanent ban for posting multiple ads/spam-related posts in the forums and in his blogs.

@takashichea: @cfatalis: @ShadowKnight508: Glad to see we're making a LITTLE headway at the moment. And don't thank me- thank Ethan.

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: do you want to know my past time even before this thread was made? flagging things

@cfatalis: Yes, BUT... with this thread, that activity of yours has been streamlined.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Flagging these posts and users will be very helpful along with this thread, though if you post something here make sure you flag the item as well because most likely we will catch it in the queue before this thread.

@ShadowKnight508: @Fire Star:

I don't know if I can flag a blog. We need fix that system, so we can flag blogs.

Here's the links:

Some meaningless blogs:

Thank you.

Edit:

Another spammer, chzhdd.

Edit: Nov. 16, 2011

• http://www.animevice.com/profile/rikkykarin/hydroxatone/107-8476/
  • http://www.animevice.com/profile/criesvoltin/dermalift/107-8462/
  • http://www.animevice.com/profile/amincolto/dermalift/107-8461/

Edit: Nov. 18, 2011

More spam blogs:

http://www.animevice.com/profile/karnolsuvin/rederme/107-8493/

http://www.animevice.com/profile/henrynathine/rederme/107-8490/

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel