So Many Anime Faces!

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Nov. 5, 2012. Last post by Acura_Max 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hey there! Remember my Building a Better Wiki: Perfect Profile Portraits! blog post from a while back? The aim of that post is to set a new standard for the main images on character pages, and a bunch of you are doing a great job, maybe a better job than you think. I thought I'd make a special blog post to give you guys an idea of the kind of impact it's had. I was pretty surprised when I realized how many characters we've covered so far.

Oh, as an added bonus these images are perfect to use for your own profile (I'm using one myself at the moment), so if you see one you like just go to the appropriate character page and you'll find the image in the "Profile Portraits" gallery.

Now, prepare yourself...

Behold!

You have to admit, that's pretty impressive, and it's not even all of them. From what I can tell, we've covered over 250 characters so far, maybe closer to 300.

A special thanks to all the users who've helped out so far, and if you're not one of them, feel free to join in! It makes a big difference to the wiki and these images are surprisingly useful, check out anime pages like this for example, pretty neat, don't you think? They're good for other things too.

I was kind of tempted to turn this gallery into a game of Where's Wally. That'd be really dumb... maybe next time...

So yeah, thanks again and keep up the good work guys!

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Daniel_Newton: oh dear god thats a lot of faces.

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Wow this is really cool! :D Lool it would be awesome if you did turn this into a where's Waldo game! XD

Quick question, who's the blue-haired character above Ash?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,240 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I forgot to post my updates to your blog LOL!

@Elfenlied1012: Hell of faces bro. It's kind of awesome.

@UsachanMaN said:

Quick question, who's the blue-haired character above Ash?

That depends, there isn't a character with blue hair directly above Ash on my screen (my screen resolution is probably different to yours). Try checking the file name of the image, I don't know about everyone else but I named my images before I uploaded them. If that doesn't help, just repost the image so I know which one you're talking about.

@Destinyheroknight said:

I forgot to post my updates to your blog LOL!

No worries! I do encourage it but it's obviously optional.

Post by MrXD (643 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Daniel_Newton: Hey Daniel, before you add my images to the list, I just updated all portrait from previous image:

@MrXD: I wasn't going to add any more to this blog post but I can throw those in. They're much better, looks like you've got it figured out pretty well now.

Post by takashichea (11,837 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Congrats everyone! We created over 250 images for the characters. Whoo, it was tough at first trying to make your first default image. Once you got a good one made, everything is easier except for hunting for good images.

I pretty much use Zero Chan, Random Curiosity, MiniTokyo, and others.

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Daniel_Newton: That was dumb of me, I totally forgot about the possible resolution differences from user to user XD I found out who the character is from the image name. Thanks for the tip!

Post by Acura_Max (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Good job duders!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel