Request an image change here

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on June 17, 2010. Last post by takashichea 2 weeks ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hey guys, this is the new official thread to post your requests for changing a default image on a page in the database. The default image is the image on the right of each article page, giving you a visual representation of what that particular page is about.

Found an article with a low-quality, incorrect or down-right unacceptable image? Post your requests to get them changed here!

A few tips on what images to use

• Anime - Please try to use original release posters, Blu-ray covers or DVD covers. Posters are preferred.
  • Characters - Please use an official image rather than fan art. Official artwork is preferred, a screen cap from an anime episode is acceptable.

How to request an image change:

• A link to the wiki page
  • A link to the new image (add it to the page first)
  • A reason for the proposed change (e.g: bad quality, incorrect image)

Staff, moderators and any users with over 5000 points can change these images for you. Once you have 5000 points you have the power to change default images yourself.

Anybody completing these requests please leave a reply to the user who requested the change here, that way everyone will know it's been taken care of, thanks!

Post by Bigheart711 (4,096 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Newten: You don't mind if I change the Yui Hirasawa default picture, right? (I have enough points for that.)  
EDIT: [Subject to change for bad quality]
@Bigheart711: Of course I don't mind, this thread is for those who can't do it themselves, you have earned the right to change main images yourself :)

Though I had a quick look and changed it myself anyway, what do you think? I think it looks pretty good.
Post by Bigheart711 (4,096 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Newten said:
" @Bigheart711: Of course I don't mind, this thread is for those who can't do it themselves, you have earned the right to change main images yourself :)  Though I had a quick look and changed it myself anyway, what do you think? I think it looks pretty good. "

It looks top notch, Newten.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Destinyheroknight: Done, it could use something a bit better though, that image is more of a banner than a poster, but it's better than the one before I guess.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Newten:
thank you
Post by nVision (114 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@nVision: Done :)
Post by obscurefan (216 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Hey there, I was adding some images to the Naruto Shippuuden series episode 166, and for some reason the first image I added became the official image of the entire series rather than just that episode. I don't know how I did it but the image should probably rather be something along the lines of this 
http://www.animevice.com/naruto-shippuuden/11-2615/all-images/84-48582/shippuuden/83-4233/ rather than what it was changed to, which was this 
http://www.animevice.com/naruto-shippuuden/11-2615/all-images/84-48582/hinatafull/83-239265/ 
@obscurefan: Yeah it's some weird bug, I've had to fix the Dragon Ball Z image countless times. Done :)
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I just submitted a new image that should be used on the Hibiki Tokai page as the main image.  For someone who has no idea who he is, they will probably think he is a girl.
@JJOR64: Changed it, but that image is small so it comes out blurry, uploaded a better one.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Newten:   That's cool.  As long as it's different from the current picture.
@Rexic: I think the current one is better. That other one lacks detail and is a little too small really.
Post by Bestostero (24 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the main picture, but I have over 5000 points on my multi pass, regardless, Shin Chan still doesn't have a main picture, so here's a nice one...

http://www.animevice.com/shinchans2_2/83-271989/
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@xhavoc86:  Dunno why you can't do that. But i've done it for you^^
Post by Obsidian609 (260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
We need the ability to remove images from a episode page mostly because there are pictures that do not belong on that episode.
@Obsidian609: I can take care of that, tell me what needs to go and I'll sort it out.
Post by Psychotime (53 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Bon Clay should have this image instead of that awkwardly posed one it has now.
 http://www.animevice.com/bon-clay/18-22876/all-images/84-54056/onepiece432_06/83-238044/

Also, anything's better than the current Eiji Nizuma image. That hideous watermark could ruin anything.

This could make an ok replacement.
 http://www.animevice.com/eiji-nizuma/18-25933/all-images/84-164206/4th_copy/83-292859/
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel