Obscure Powers

Topic started by takashichea on Oct. 25, 2013. Last post by takashichea 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (10,578 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I'm putting this for the new wiki editors. I noticed new editors are struggling when I approve their edits regarding powers. They tend to make mistakes.

• Danger Sense - People can predict something's bad is going to happened. Example: Spider-Man and his Spidey Sense.
  • Empathy - It's like mind reading for emotions. To be honest, I don't know why is this a power. Edit: I learned something. An example of Empathy is Hisoka Kurosaki from Descendants of Darkness.
  • Gadgets - This is for folks who have an arsenal of weapons or tools on themselves like Batman. I saw one wiki editor adding Gadgets to Craft Lawrence. I looked him up. He is a traveling, merchant.
  • Levitation and Flight - I admit I'm not good with English. These two are weird. I thought Levitation was for magicians while flight is for people with wings or jets on the boots.

Better Clarification

Flight : Think Dragonball Z Characters

Levitation: This one is a bit harder but basically it is Flight but you are only a few feet off the ground. And you can't travel as far. Example Jean Grey.

• Penance Stare - The only character I think of that had this power is Ghost Rider. A wiki editor wanted to add this to Yami Yugi. I watched Yugioh as a kid. I don't think he had that power.
  • Toonforce - Arale, Bobobobobobo, Haruko
  • Radar Sense - It's like echolocation where sound is used to locate objects. Ex: Zebra and Morgiana

If there is anything confusing, just ask. Don't spam the powers if you don't know.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea:

Penance Stare - known users:

• Ghost Rider
  • Boa Hancock (One Piece)
  • Silvers Rayleigh (One Piece)
  • Jaden Yuki (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
  • Shanks (One Piece)

Since it requires eye contact to be effective, maybe Evergreen can be considered an user even though she is not listed...

P.S. penance stare on AV is deleted for some reason. Is that intentional?

Online Now

@bigz007:

Yeah, those guys and gal fit. I don't know about Jaden. I'll check him.

Other wiki editor:

Yami Yugi does mind crush, so that doesn't count as penance stare.

Capabilities

The user can induce a variety of effects by locking eyes with another, ranging from inflicting pain to petrification to knocking people out, or sometimes even killing people.

Applications

• Death Inducement
  • Fear Inducement
  • Hypnotic Vision
  • Incineration
  • Insanity Inducement
  • Killing Eyes
  • Mental Manipulation
  • Neurocognitive Deficit
  • Pain Inducement
  • Petrification
  • Soul Mutilation

Source

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I think empathy is like mind reading for emotions.

Online Now

@Acura_Max:

Added it. Thanks for the correction.

Post by Stevemagegod (25 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The reason why i added in Penance Stare for Yami Yugi is because he has a mean game face. Same with Jaden Yuki when he was the Supreme King and after he fused with Yubel.

Also:

Flight : Think Dragonball Z Characters

Levitation: This one is a bit harder but basically it is Flight but you are only a few feet off the ground. And you can't travel as far. Example Jean Grey.

Online Now

@Stevemagegod:

I looked them up. Some folks say it's similar. Just resubmit it. I'll approve it.

Online Now

@Stevemagegod:

One more thing. When you add powers, make sure they are about the anime counterpart not the video game. Future Gohan only appeared in the Trunk special, so that's all of his powers. He didn't wield a sword if I remember correctly.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,322 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Toonforce - Arale, Bobobobobobo, Haruko

Online Now

@KingOfAsh:

Added it. Thank you.

Online Now

@Stevemagegod:

Oops, I forgot to add your stuff.

Is there any editor who wants to help out? I don't mind adding more clarifications.

Post by Stevemagegod (25 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Astral Projection: Is the controlled ability to leave your body and travel around with just your Soul. Many Bleach and the main Akatsuki Characters are experts at Astral Projection.

Out of Body Experience: Same thing as AP but it is when your Soul Spontaneously leaves your body uncontrolled. Example think Orihime during the beginning of Bleach after her brother turned into a Hollow and attacked her resulting in her having a OBE.

Near Death Experience: Again same thing as AP except you are close to death and your Soul leaves your body due to the traumatic incident. Think Yusuke Urameshi at the beginning of Yu Yu Hakusho.

You can add that to the list.

Online Now

@Stevemagegod:

Thank you, I'll update it soon.

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@takashichea:

Out of Body Experience: Same thing as AP but it is when your Soul Spontaneously leaves your body uncontrolled. Example think Orihime during the beginning of Bleach after her brother turned into a Hollow and attacked her resulting in her having a OBE.
Near Death Experience: Again same thing as AP except you are close to death and your Soul leaves your body due to the traumatic incident. Think Yusuke Urameshi at the beginning of Yu Yu Hakusho.

These things don't sound like powers. They sound more like events or plot points.

Online Now

@Stevemagegod: @Acura_Max:

Acura is right.

You have to list powers that are in the search bar on the wiki page. Out of Body Experience and Near Death aren't listed on the power list.

Online Now

Make sure when you add immortal as power that it's clearly confirmed. Some of the characters that I wasn't familiar, I look them up, and it wasn't mention or confirm 100%. If I do make a mistake, please correct me.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,821 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Bump!

Online Now

Thanks SMXLR8.

One of the common mistakes that I notice wiki editors made is Precognition. It's the ability to perceive events in the future. Folks confuse that term and add it for characters who can predict the movements of their opponents or read their opponents' move well enough to counter them.

Examples:

• Observation Haki - Luffy

Here's what FoxxFireArt said:

Observation Haki doesn't count as precognition. That Haki ability only allows the person to read the thoughts or movements they are currently having in the way they'll move their body.

For characters like Tatsuya Shiba, they don't have precognition. Rather they use their intellectual skills to analyze and predict their opponent's moves. Tatsuya can easily tell what type of attacks and magic his opponent will make.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel