Let's Make Our Wiki Pages PG-13

Topic started by takashichea on Nov. 5, 2013. Last post by takashichea 8 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (10,898 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Hi everyone, I'm Takashichea (Taka), a recently new mod. Over the years, the wiki had evolved. We used to allow hentai images and pages in the community until Ethan implemented the New Rules: No Hentai Images rule. This is because Google blacklisted Anime Vice. This hurt the site and its wiki editors. With the ban, traffic improved and site was growing. We still allowed hentai wiki pages, and the adult tag filters the pages from being viewed on Google. We have come a long way to make our wiki pages excellent.

There is one thing I want to proposed. Ever since I worked at the Animanga Wikia, I had to face one policy at Btooom Wikia:

• For text, content that just mentions characters have sex is likely to be OK. But content that describes exactly how they have sex, is not. Content that describes violent or non-consensual sex is expressly prohibited.

Source: Community Wikia

I admit I was detailed with the rape scenes of certain anime shows but not hentai shows. I didn't know any better. Regarding hentai, I only work on Hentai if it's on the Anime News Network's list of releases and for the Quick Picks (Quick Picks: Erotica Version 2012). I only add the bare, minimum info. Now, I see a need to censor our wiki pages of any graphic details regarding sexual intercourse whether it's consensual or not.

Let's make the pages PG-13 to keep Anime Vice's wiki reputation up to par. Thank you.

If you have any questions, please ask me.

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

What about pictures of extreme violence?

@Acura_Max:

It should be okay. I only wrote about the explicit descriptions of sex.

Edit:

Then again, pages like Dismemberment and Decapitation are pretty brutal. I don't think the other mods want to censor extreme violence.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Kinda off-topic, but why do you always link to Wikia sites? This isn't Wikia. AV is AV. If you want to work in a Wiki that is 100% identical to Wikia in look, image policy, episode/character/series layout, etc, why not just use Wikia rather than constantly trying to make AV as identical to Wikia as possible?

@sickVisionz:

I know that. I'm not trying to implement stuff from the Wikia to Anime Vice. I'm borrowing some stuff to improve it.

Ever since I became a mod, I was concerned with my wiki content. I supposed to be the role model. What would think of wiki editors in Anime Vice if you see one of the top editors writing in depth article of a rape event. That is what popped in my head last night out of nowhere.

@sickVisionz:

Also, I want to clarify. I never want Anime Vice to be a copy of the Wikia. I only wrote those experiences from the Wikia to inform folks and help inspire the engineers to improve the site. The only thing we copied was the navigator bar and template box. That was Daniel's idea.

The other thing that would be helpful is adding wiki history just like Giant Bomb and Comic Vine have. Since Anime Vice historically has glitches, wiki pages are easily corrupted and content can be deleted easily by accident. Trust me, I faced several times, and it's pretty annoying when you have to rewrite a plot summary from scratch.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

As much as I respect your intentions, the title "Let's Make Our Wiki Pages PG-13" makes it sound like we have a problem that needs to be addressed. As far as I know, we don't have any wiki pages that describe sex scenes in graphic detail.

This sort of thing would be worth pointing out in some kind of wiki guide as a quick bullet point or something, I don't think we need a whole thread about it.

@Daniel_Newton:

I understand. I guess I was worried over nothing. I just take care of my things and ShadowKnight508's works. I'll lock this. Sorry to bother everyone.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel