Is there already a page for this?

Topic started by SilverZeo on May 21, 2011. Last post by EganTheVile1 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by SilverZeo (58 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I want to add the anime/manga  story element in which the main hero characters have to rush through a castle/fortress like maze in order to stop bad guys but are constantly sidetracked by encountering guard and other warriors in the way before making it to the final boss, kinda like the casual tournament story-telling method.  But does the page already exist?
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@SilverZeo: I haven't come across it. I did a quick search for stuff like maze and gauntlet and even searched for test to see if someone had something like "test of might" but I didn't get results for those either.

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@SilverZeo
That is actually a very popular theme, I am suprised it hasn't been created. I, like sickVizionz, didn't come up with anything that was similar to the situation your talking about, but good idea, it's certainly a page that could be used here.
Post by Godot (113 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@SilverZeo: Basically the Soul Society arc of Bleach? I think Yu-Gi-Oh did it to a degree as well, but seeing as how I last watched it half a decade ago my memory's a bit hazy.
@Godot: There is a far longer list of anime's/manga that share this theme, those you listed are but a very very small amount compared to the actual amount that feature this.
Post by Godot (113 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@fire_star said:
@Godot: There is a far longer list of anime's/manga that share this theme, those you listed are but a very very small amount compared to the actual amount that feature this.
I know, but I was offering actual examples that might support the existence of such a page.
@Godot: Okay.
Post by SilverZeo (58 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Okay, I'll make the page, but what to call it? Has anyone seen it on TVTropes?
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@SilverZeo:  Running the Gauntlet
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel