Improvements in Wiki Editing Tools or Anime Vice Functions

Topic started by takashichea on Aug. 19, 2011. Last post by takashichea 10 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,144 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Purpose: To give suggestions that make wiki editor and everyone's lives. Please be realistic and courteous to the staff and engineers of Anime Vice. Feel free to add suggestions.

Here is my suggestions:

1. When searching image galleries from the anime's episodes, the episodes are not in the right order. When facing long shounen series like Fairy Tail, it is time consuming to go through several times just to add images to the plot summaries. So, when we search through the episodes, it should be in numerical order.

It's unorganized. It is much better if it's in numerical order to make everyone's life easier
It's unorganized. It is much better if it's in numerical order to make everyone's life easier

2. When we search using "My Images", we don't have the option of looking through the galleries we made in our images to narrow down the search. For example, let's say that I forgot to upload an image to Hetalia, but the image I forgot to upload is pretty much buried under all the recent images of Blue Exorcist, Fairy Tail, new concepts and objects, and Sket Dance, so I can no longer find it easily. Why can I not search through the gallery I made for Hetalia instead in my images?

Thank you for reading our posts. Hopefully, you take these suggestions in consideration.

Again, feel free to add suggestions or feedback to any of the suggestions.

Online Now

I'm not sure if it is a glitch, but sometimes, my pages for people do not show their episode and manga count. This is also the same for others except for a few wiki editors.

I meant to highlight all the zeroes.
I meant to highlight all the zeroes.

Edit: It's a glitch in the system if it's not working. It's also an improvement needed on this site.

September 2, 2011

Thank you, Ethan, the staff, and the engineers for adding the gallery functions when searching through the user's galleries.

It means a lot to the community. I'm pretty sure everyone are very grateful for this feature.

This is Awesome!
This is Awesome!

No more clutter! We're blessed that we have an awesome staff.

Around the week of October 10, 2011.

Yes! It's all neat and organized.
Yes! It's all neat and organized.

Thank you! Now, we can look up images from the episodes easily when it's all organized.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Bigz007

I thought about that too, it's a good idea.

While on voice actors subject, I have a suggestion.

I noticed a lot of episode pages are missing voice actors. Even if there are characters added, voice actors are missing quite often. It would be great if there is a option for quicker inserting voice actors. I imagined it to be something like this. If there is a voice actor added to one character for the first time than everything is normal, but if a certain character already have a voice actor/actors attached to it's page than the system will automatically offer those voice actors, and a wiki editor can chose if he will add him/her (depends if that character have a spoken line in that episode) or if there is a new voice actor. I guess it's something like when you add a voice actor and the system offers you to choose what country is that voice actor from.

With this we won't have to be constantly searching for voice actors, and it will be much faster. In conclusion, adding those voice actors would be easy, and more people would add those. With that our data base would increase.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to make something like this but I have to try.

Edited by Takashichea

An automated feature that recalls voice actors would be awesome. I'm not an engineer, so I don't know how they would do that in JAVA, C++, or whatever code language they use now. I would imagine it would be tough to install, but the results would be great for the community and the wiki.

From The Cultural Diversity Task: Adding Voices From Around the World.

Online Now

@bigz007:

Awesome, I edited your comment. Thank you. It has been 2 years. I remember Ethan PM me about the gallery feature. He said that it was a great idea to change the gallery, so we can search our images with our own galleries that we made ourselves.

@takashichea: Are you sure developers will see this post? I don't know how active they are in forum discussions. Maybe we should PM them also.

Online Now

@bigz007:

I don't know the engineers are going this see this or not. Back then, Ethan and his engineers were very responsive and made themselves known. With the Whiskey Media split and the departure of many staff members, it's slim, but I have hopes that someone looks at this thread. Plus, I don't know who are the engineers running this site.

@takashichea:

I have one more thing regarding voice actors. Well, it's known that when a voice actor is attached to a certain character, that same voice actor will be present on the bottom of that character's wiki page. I guess it's not a problem when we have one voice actor (that is most likely Japanese v.actor), or even two voice actors is fine (from names we can tell which one is Japanese and which is English). The problem is when we have three v. actors, for example:

• Kurapika - one Japanese and one English for 1999 series and one Japanese v.actor for 2011 series
  • Roronoa Zoro ...
  • Cerebrum - both Japanese v. actors, one when in female form and one for male form.

So my solution is that we can make short statement in the character page to distinguish those v. actors one form another.

Online Now

@bigz007:

That's a great idea! In addition to international voice actors/tresses, a character has a child and an adult actor like Gray Fullbuster. If we could have the ability to edit the box, that would make life easier for us.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel