Image galleries for episodes

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by LordAndrew 5 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20
We should be able to add screen caps/shots to episodes, unless I missed something, I don't think you can right now.

Who agrees with me?
Hello... anybody? Yes? No?
Post by PureRok (58 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I think it'd be nice, but it's not really a necessity.
Fair enough. I think it would be pretty awesome.
Post by SuperMooseman (12 posts) See mini bio Level 3
yup, just checked and it seems you can't.
idea totally supported.
Post by WilliamRLBaker (16 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I think it would be much more beneficial to not post so many screen caps, we start doing that and we'll get 5 billion images of screen caps taken from downloaded videos.
I.E: be conservative with your screen cap uploads.
SuperMooseman said:
"yup, just checked and it seems you can't.
idea totally supported."
Thanks moose ^_^

WilliamRLBaker said:
"I think it would be much more beneficial to not post so many screen caps, we start doing that and we'll get 5 billion images of screen caps taken from downloaded videos.
I.E: be conservative with your screen cap uploads."

I never said post as many as possible, I just said it would be nice to be able to upload screen caps of episodes. This site is a big encyclopedia for anime and manga, it should cover everything, certainly screen caps :D
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
We originally had them and I even added a couple to some Cowboy Bebop and Speed Racer episodes.  There was the question of the display layout on the main page of the episode so we removed it.  Maybe someday we'll bring it back.  As mentioned, we wouldn't want/need a gazillion images taken from a grainy online/youtube episode.
I totally agree, I wouldn't want to see the site full of grainy youtube shots, you could always have that as a rule "No online video/youtube images".
Take a look at the ones I have in my own galleries, they are really nice quality and I didn't take too many. If you do take a look, tell me what you think.
Post by nevergiveup (199 posts) See mini bio Level 6
LOL you have many pictures...
nevergiveup said:
"LOL you have many pictures..."
Too many? Or was that just a random comment?
Post by Himitsu (2 posts) See mini bio Level 2
There does seem to be an option to add an image (or images?) when you add an anime episode. But I can't seem to find the prompt to add an image to an already existing anime episode. Am I making sense?

If you input the anime episode yourself, you'll have the chance to upload an image, otherwise, I don't know how to edit one in.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Himitsu said:
"There does seem to be an option to add an image (or images?) when you add an anime episode. But I can't seem to find the prompt to add an image to an already existing anime episode. Am I making sense?

If you input the anime episode yourself, you'll have the chance to upload an image, otherwise, I don't know how to edit one in."
'Cause you can't, at least for now. See Gman's response in this thread. 

Unfortunately you still need to add an image when adding an episode, and anime series don't show up in the search. 
Try searching for the franchise and pick an image from the Anime gallery. Hopefully you can find something in there.
Yeah, the image it asks you for is to make a thumbnail for the episode.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Well, it seems it's not actually required. I just added a couple episodes to a series and I didn't need to add an image. So if you don't have one, don't worry. You can still add episodes.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel