I Use Wordle on a Handful of Character Pages

Topic started by ZombiePie on May 18, 2011. Last post by takashichea 1 week, 5 days ago.
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Wordle is an interesting little application you can run on your computer. What you do is copy and paste a large body of text and creates a keyword cloud of that text. Words that are used more often than others appear larger. In this example I have removed all common words such as "the" as well as "and," because that would make the text cloud harder to read. Also the fun thing about Wordle is that you can customize the font and colors to your pleasing. That said I have always preferred sans serif fonts on Wordle over the alternatives...they just look better. Also I don't like Wordles with black backgrounds. Then again I use the white versions of every Whiskey media site (this one included) so maybe I'm just weird. For a good Wordle on a balck background check out the Wordle for the U.S. Constitution. Wow...I'm using the word "Wordle" as an adjective more than I feel comfortable with.

MOVING ON! So here is a half a dozen Wordles (damn it I did it again) of the more popular and detailed character pages on Anime Vice (some are better than others) for your enjoyment and speculation. Also feel free to use Wordle to turn any wiki entries into curious works of "art":

Goku

Available here.

Monkey D. Luffy

Available here.

Naruto Uzumaki

Available here.

Ash Ketchum

Available here.

Ichigo Kurosaki

Available here.

Kallen Kozuki

Available here. 
Post by takashichea (12,303 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now
Interesting. I seen this in Biostats this semester. After this week of finals, I try it out on the character wiki pages.
Here is the link to Natsu Dragnil's wordle.
Also a picture.
Natsu's Wordle
Natsu's Wordle

Here is a link to Lisanna's page. I choose the color Kindled to highlight Death and Family, and I choose Lucida Sans because the words Family and Death are between Natsu and Lisanna.
Lisanna's Wordle
Lisanna's Wordle

I am getting addicted to this. Thanks Zombiepie.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Zombiepie I wordled your blog.
 And an English translation of the Magna Carta.
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24
100 Google search results for Anime (minus the actual word due to size issues)
100 Google search results for Anime (minus the actual word due to size issues)
The Frontpage of CNN
The Frontpage of CNN
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,278 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,291 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@sickVisionz: Here's one from the BBC's frontpage to compare to the CNN Wordle:
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I was looking for an old thread where I mentioned a screen capture program I used to use and I came across this thread. I thought it'd be interesting to copy all the text from the front page of AnimeVice and see what came up.

Online Now

I remember this. I love this app.

Well, I had to copy everything by hand since the URL wasn't working. I thought Anime Vice had an RSS feed.

I did 's Ani-Crap Review #44: Wanna be the Strongest in the World

I see Boston Crab being separated. If it wasn't, it would be number one!

For Allen Walker that was written by

Well, I know the name of the character will always be number one. I didn't expect Allen to care about Cross so much more than Tykki and Lenalee.

Finally, I copy and pasted every comment from 's Sailor Moon Crystal Discussion

I expected animation and original to be the biggest.

Edit:

@sickVisionz:

How did I pop in there? I expected to see Tom Pinchuk or any of the mods' names.

Post by taichokage (13,326 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Cross Marian
Cross Marian

@takashichea: Oh cool. But I can tell you why Cross came up more than anyone else. It's because Cross is the name of his Mentor/Foster Father

Cross "Innocence"
Cross "Innocence"

but it's also the name of his Innocence power.

Online Now

@taichokage:

Oh, I forgot it was the name of his Innocence. I know Cross was the name of his mentor. I thought his mentor play so much part in his character than his possible love interest, Kanda, mistress Road, Tykki and others.

Hey

Did one on your August Vice Awards.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel