Good sources for concept art

Topic started by sickVisionz on Oct. 30, 2012. Last post by takashichea 1 month, 1 week ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

http://unkoer.tumblr.com/

This Tumblr collects concept art being sold on Japanese auction sites like Yahoo and Mandrake.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@sickVisionz: There's definitely some cool stuff on there, nice find.

Post by takashichea (12,264 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@sickVisionz:

Sweet, lots of rough sketches! I found some Fairy Tail and Blue Exorcist pictures. I almost thought I had to type in Japanese to search images since I'm a noob at Tumblr. It's awesome to see it works in English.

@Daniel_Newton:

This would be great for the creation sections because I posted the Wiki Editing 101: Different Forms of Creation blog. It would help a lot of wiki editors for franchises that don't have a lot of information on what inspirations that these mangakas and creators used to create their characters.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@takashichea said:

I almost thought I had to type in Japanese to search images

You'll still need to do that to search the Japanese sites, but worst comes to worst you can just copy and paste the text from the Wiki. Knowing a little Katakana and Hiragana will help a ton though. You can pull stuff from Japanese Wikipedia since a lot of them write the character's name in Hira/Kata after the Kanji. I used it a lot on Katanagatari and Sengoku Collection to get VA info and other stuff.

Post by takashichea (12,264 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@sickVisionz:

I'm bumping your thread, sickVisionz.

This thread will help you understand what is a concept art in our image gallery. If you have questions, feel free to ask me, sickVisionz, Foxx, or Daniel. You are getting close to 1,000 wiki points I hope to get you ready as a full fledge wiki editor.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel